UE3 - UDK SkelControl lags behind movement. Can I make them update at the same time?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nathaniel3W

Nov 11, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWRVGlwkAx4 will show you what I'm doing. If you look closely while the pawn is running you'll see that his arms kind of drag behind and they catch up after I stop running.

That's the result of a SkelControl_CCD_IK that is working just fine except that it seems to update well behind the pawn's movement. I'm doing this...

Code:
ThePawn.RightArmIK.EffectorLocation = ThePawn.Location + RightArmLocation;
ThePawn.LeftArmIK.EffectorLocation = ThePawn.Location + LeftArmLocation;

...during the PlayerController's PlayerTick event. Is there a better place for me to update the arm positioning so that they move with the pawn instead of behind it?

Nathaniel3W

Nov 11, 2012
Oh well. I really like coming here for help. I like that it's small and has people that I've gotten to know. I'll try my luck over there. Thanks for taking a look.