UT2Vote58

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HornDog

Propeller head
Sep 27, 2003
horndogshouse.com
I do have a utility that will reset your server once a day.
Check it out and if it works ok, I'll modify it to reboot every 3 hours, its just that you will have to do the testing as I dont have a server anymore :)

http://www.proasm.com/files/ut/ResetServer.zip

Thanks very much. The down side is not checking for players first. I'll take what I can get.
I love your UT2vote59. Wouldn't be easier to modify That? Maybe to change default map every %hours%? Or just change the code to not check current game type before "DoSwitch"? I would be happy to do any testing. As I said I'm happy to get what I can.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
As soon as I have time I'll look into it.
I'll look see which is the easiest :)
Questions:
What must it do if there are players playing ?
1. Switch regardless.
2. Abandon the switch and continue till next set time ?
3. Switch as soon as all players have left if before next set time (complicated).
4. Other.

Also regarding the actual switch.
1. Shutdown the whole server and rely on the loop command in your batchfile to restart ?
2. Just restart the current game ?
3. Restart the default game ?
4. Other ?

You said in some post that the mapcheck did not work, by that you mean...
1. It works but not the way you want it to ?
2. It does not work at all ?
3. Other ?

Last edited:

HornDog

Propeller head
Sep 27, 2003
horndogshouse.com
Question: What must it do if there are players playing ?
1. Switch regardless.
2. Abandon the switch and continue till next set time ?
3. Switch as soon as all players have left if before next set time (complicated).
4. Other.
I would think the less code change the better. If some how you could have it do a "Default Switch" to the same default game on the list whether or not the game is currently the default game. I would assume the code is already there for "DefaultSwitch" and the player issue.
DefaultSwitch
This is the time in minutes that the server checks whether there are any players on the server and if not, switches to the Default Game and also if bSwitchDefMap=True to switch to the Default Map.
If DefaultSwitch=0 then this option will be disabled.
If this worked it would be perfect if game type wasn't limited.
Code:
[UT2Vote59.UT2VoteGameSwitch]
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=12,GameName="DeathMatch",ClassName="XGame.xDeathMatch",DoSwitch=True)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=15,GameName="DeathMatch",ClassName="XGame.xDeathMatch",DoSwitch=True)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=18,GameName="DeathMatch",ClassName="XGame.xDeathMatch",DoSwitch=True)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=21,GameName="DeathMatch",ClassName="XGame.xDeathMatch",DoSwitch=True)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=0,GameName="DeathMatch",ClassName="XGame.xDeathMatch",DoSwitch=True)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=3,GameName="DeathMatch",ClassName="XGame.xDeathMatch",DoSwitch=True)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=6,GameName="DeathMatch",ClassName="XGame.xDeathMatch",DoSwitch=True)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=9,GameName="DeathMatch",ClassName="XGame.xDeathMatch",DoSwitch=True)

This is how I have DefaultSwitch set on one of my servers with a different game type each time and it works great. But I have two servers with only one default game type.
Code:
[UT2Vote59.UT2Vote_GameSwitch]
bMultiSetup=True
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=12,GameName="Bombing Run",ClassName="XGame.xBombingRun",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=15,GameName="Capture the Flag",ClassName="XGame.xCTFGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=18,GameName="DeathMatch",ClassName="XGame.xDeathMatch",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=21,GameName="Vehicle CTF",ClassName="XGame.xVehicleCTFGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=0,GameName="Bombing Run",ClassName="XGame.xBombingRun",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=3,GameName="Capture the Flag",ClassName="XGame.xCTFGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=6,GameName="DeathMatch",ClassName="XGame.xDeathMatch",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=9,GameName="Vehicle CTF",ClassName="XGame.xVehicleCTFGame",DoSwitch=true)

Thanks very much for your efforts.
BTW I discovered that there is another choice in the ServerBot program for BotSkill.
"BotSkill=0" changes bots to novice. I learned this setting up UT2Vote59.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
I would have been surprised, if ProAsm would not have already programmed such a server-restart tool ;)

but only to keep the taskkill-thing complete:

I don't have a win-server, but that's what i found. ;)

maybe renaming the ucc-file for the other instances helps?

a taskkill -? gives you an idea, what is possible. Writing a small batch that saves the PID might be the best :)

But of course a UT2Vote solution would be the best :)
Another but... I guess, your whish is a very special one and could lead to lots of complaints from other admins. On the other hand, a nightly server restart (especially on a win-server), might really be interesting for other admins too... But for that need, there is Proasms little tool, doing the job...

Last edited:

HornDog

Propeller head
Sep 27, 2003
horndogshouse.com
Questions:
Also regarding the actual switch.
1. Shutdown the whole server and rely on the loop command in your batchfile to restart ?
2. Just restart the current game ?
3. Restart the default game ?
4. Other ?

You said in some post that the mapcheck did not work, by that you mean...
1. It works but not the way you want it to ?
2. It does not work at all ?
3. Other ?
I just need to restart, current or default, doesn't matter. I'm looking to make this as easy for you as possible. Shutting down the game is unnecessary.
This might clarify
I need to reset the game clock that continues to run at more than real time with game speed at 1.35. My stats match times get screwed. The longer the server stays empty the worse the match time is off and with four servers the match orders are way off. Also the server would run better if the map is restarted more often when the server is empty.

I don't think it was me had a problem with MapCheck. I don't use it.

@ tdw-socke,
Thanks for getting back to me on restarting the server. I looked at the running processes an saw three UCC.exe's running along with three CMD's (probably the run server batch files). I have to find out where the PID's are stored. I hate Windows But this is what I have to work with. Setting permissions are a night mare!

Last edited:

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
what about defining other gametypes for your ons-game and switching between those?
If you run your own stats, that would be no probleme, just 2 ons-gametypes in the list.

HornDog

Propeller head
Sep 27, 2003
horndogshouse.com
what about defining other gametypes for your ons-game and switching between those?
If you run your own stats, that would be no probleme, just 2 ons-gametypes in the list.
Is this what you mean?
Code:
[UT2Vote59.UT2Vote_GameTypes]
bMultiSetup=True
SortGameList=False
GameType=(GameName="Assault",HideVote=true,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="AS-Convoy",MapPrefix="AS",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="UT2k4Assault.ASGameInfo",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
GameType=(GameName="Bombing Run",HideVote=true,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="BR-Anubis",MapPrefix="BR",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=15?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
GameType=(GameName="Capture the Flag",HideVote=true,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-Chrome",MapPrefix="CTF",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
GameType=(GameName="DeathMatch",HideVote=true,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Taz4_2003",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
GameType=(GameName="Double Domination",HideVote=true,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DOM-Core",MapPrefix="DOM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xDoubleDom",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
GameType=(GameName="Instagib CTF",HideVote=true,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-Chrome",MapPrefix="CTF",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.InstagibCTF",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
GameType=(GameName="Invasion",HideVote=true,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="SkaarjPack.Invasion",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=1?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
GameType=(GameName="Last Man Standing",HideVote=true,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="BonusPack.xLastManStandingGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=30?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
GameType=(GameName="Mutant Game",HideVote=true,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="BonusPack.xMutantGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
GameType=(GameName="Onslaught",HideVote=False,Clan=false,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.PeePee?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.Poo?LinkSetup=Random?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=6?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=0?GameStats=true?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=6")
GameType=(GameName="Team DeathMatch",HideVote=true,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=50?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
GameType=(GameName="Vehicle CTF",HideVote=true,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="None",MapPrefix="VCTF",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xVehicleCTFGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
GameType=(GameName="Onslaught-0",HideVote=False,Clan=false,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.PeePee?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.Poo?LinkSetup=Random?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=6?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=0?GameStats=true?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=6")
GameType=(GameName="Onslaught-3",HideVote=False,Clan=false,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.PeePee?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.Poo?LinkSetup=Random?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=6?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=0?GameStats=true?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=6")
GameType=(GameName="Onslaught-6",HideVote=False,Clan=false,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.PeePee?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.Poo?LinkSetup=Random?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=6?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=0?GameStats=true?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=6")
GameType=(GameName="Onslaught-9",HideVote=False,Clan=false,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.PeePee?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.Poo?LinkSetup=Random?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=6?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=0?GameStats=true?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=6")
GameType=(GameName="Onslaught-12",HideVote=False,Clan=false,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.PeePee?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.Poo?LinkSetup=Random?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=6?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=0?GameStats=true?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=6")
GameType=(GameName="Onslaught-15",HideVote=False,Clan=false,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.PeePee?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.Poo?LinkSetup=Random?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=6?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=0?GameStats=true?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=6")
GameType=(GameName="Onslaught-18",HideVote=False,Clan=false,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.PeePee?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.Poo?LinkSetup=Random?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=6?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=0?GameStats=true?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=6")
GameType=(GameName="Onslaught-20",HideVote=False,Clan=false,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.PeePee?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.Poo?LinkSetup=Random?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=6?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=0?GameStats=true?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=6")
GameType=(GameName="Onslaught-23",HideVote=False,Clan=false,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.PeePee?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.Poo?LinkSetup=Random?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=6?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=0?GameStats=true?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=6")

with is:
Code:
[UT2Vote59.UT2Vote_GameSwitch]
bMultiSetup=True
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=0,GameName="Onslaught-0",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=3,GameName="Onslaught-3",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=6,GameName="Onslaught-6",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=9,GameName="Onslaught-9",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=12,GameName="Onslaught-12",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=15,GameName="Onslaught-15",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=18,GameName="Onslaught-18",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=21,GameName="Onslaught-21",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)
This is a reproduction of what I had so there may be errors.
I tried it but couldn't get to change. I had different default maps
to confirm there was a change. I don't mind the different game types on my stats page.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
No. I'm talking about a real gametype, made with gamemake, which was part of older ut2vote-versions and may be downloadable seperately.

And you won't need 9 gametypes, just 1 additional, and then switch at 0 to ons-1, at 3 to ons, at 6 to ons-1, at 9 to ons etc.

only problem with those gametypes is, that they are real gametypes, and so you will see it in the game-browser. And you'll also see it as a new ons-gametypes in your stats. But at least, you'll see it. In the official stats, they will be shown as unknown gametype...

But as i said, if you use your own stats (OLStats or something like that) i'd give that a try.

Last edited:

HornDog

Propeller head
Sep 27, 2003
horndogshouse.com
I have a Stats site http://horndogshouse.com so it's for all the players. The problem with GameMake is my stats does not recognize the custom game types. I think people have been successful in programing the new game type in but I'm not ready for that yet. I have used GameMake for UT2003 but the games would not appear in the game browser so I quit using it. According to your web site that has been fixed in UT2004. I'm hoping ProAsm works on a version of UT2Vote that addresses this problem. I'm not the only one that needs this. Every one that has a UT2004 server with custom GameSpeed and local stats would benefit. I'm just the first one that trying to do something about it.

HornDog

Propeller head
Sep 27, 2003
horndogshouse.com
I do have a utility that will reset your server once a day.
Check it out and if it works ok, I'll modify it to reboot every 3 hours, its just that you will have to do the testing as I dont have a server anymore :)

http://www.proasm.com/files/ut/ResetServer.zip

Does this restart the game or just shut it down? If yes and I remove the "goto" in the runserver.bat will it then restart on it's own?

BTW. I would be happy to test it, or anything else thats new and improved.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
It shuts your server down and relys on your batch file to loop back and restart the server.
All it does is issue an "Exit" command.
Basically if you logon to a game a ServerAdmin, bring down the console and type Exit.

I want you to try something for me:

1. Make your DefaultGameName= in the ini file something you never play like DefaultGameName="Bombing Run" or something.
2. Set your DefaultSwitch=0 (disable the switch)

NOTE:
A GameSwitch will NOT happen if the currentgame is your Default Game.

3. Create a gametype as follows:

Code:
GameType=(GameName="Onslaught2",[b]HideVote=True[/b],Clan=false,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.PeePee?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_UT2003.Poo?LinkSetup=Random?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=6?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=0?GameStats=true?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=6")
NOTE:
Hyphens, commas, periods etc should never be used in a name, as it can cause total chaos in a replication.
The original gamename (GameName="Onslaught") must remain and is the one it will switch to if voted for as the other one will not be seen as 'HideVote=True' is set.

4. Setup your switching times as follows:
Code:
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=0,GameName="Onslaught2",ClassName="",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=3,GameName="Onslaught",ClassName="",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=6,GameName="Onslaught2",ClassName="",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=9,GameName="Onslaught",ClassName="",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=12,GameName="Onslaught2",ClassName="",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=15,GameName="Onslaught",ClassName="",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=18,GameName="Onslaught2",ClassName="",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=21,GameName="Onslaught",ClassName="",DoSwitch=true)
NOTE:
The ClassName= is no longer required and can be left blank.

Try this and see what happens and if still not satisfied I'll start modifying :)

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
The problem with GameMake is my stats does not recognize the custom game types. I think people have been successful in programing the new game type in but I'm not ready for that yet.

That's easy. Look at that custom gametype in the stats. It has a number. Replace that number with the original ons-number.

I did it that way with something like 20 custom gametypes, which were copys of the original ones, and it allways worked.

look at this old record: http://www.tdw-clan.com/utstats/matchstats.php?match=4637
the gametype is InstaCTF, which was a copy of ctf. You only need to look into your database and have a look at the gametypes and look, what number the org. ons has, and copy that number to the new one.

Last edited:

HornDog

Propeller head
Sep 27, 2003
horndogshouse.com
I started the server and It goes to Bombing Run. I switched to Onslaught in the webAdmin. I put a different map for each game type onslaught and onslaught2 to see the switch. I'll let it run and see what happens. BTW I presume with "DefaultSwitch=0" the server will switch even if there are players on the server. Correct?
Thanks

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
from the manual:

DefaultSwitch
This is the time in minutes from 0 to 9 that the server checks whether there are any players on the server and if not, switches to the Default Game and also if bSwitchDefMap=True to switch to the Default Map.
If DefaultSwitch=0 then this option will be disabled.

bSwitchDefMap
If set to True, then after a time period as set DefaultSwitch= if there is no players on a server it will switch to the DefaultMap.

So i'd say, you are right, but ProAsm will know ;)

Last edited:

HornDog

Propeller head
Sep 27, 2003
horndogshouse.com
Well, as of 2:00pm CST and no switch. It was a copy and past of the setup from ProAsm's post except for the map. It's been running 6 hours, it was a good idea though. I'll let it run the rest of the day.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
bSwitchDefMap is only a map, just make that False also.

If DefaultSwitch=0 then as the doc says, it should disable the defaultgame switch altogether.
Yes Bombing Run will start when you start the server, I forgot about that.
Ok make your DefaultGameName blank in the ini file and move the original Onslaught game to the top of the list in the ini file.
I think UT2Vote should then start that game if a defaultgame is not set as it looks in the list and take the first one that comes along - I think :)

PS..
I found my free server copy, just looking for the cdkey now, as I know I have it in a text file somewhere on my PC then I'll run up a server here and do some experiments.

On a side note, looking at your avatar, are you a model helicopter enthusiast or is that just a gag avatar ?

Last edited:

HornDog

Propeller head
Sep 27, 2003
horndogshouse.com
bSwitchDefMap is only a map, just make that False also.

If DefaultSwitch=0 then as the doc says, it should disable the defaultgame switch altogether.
Yes Bombing Run will start when you start the server, I forgot about that.
Ok make your DefaultGameName blank in the ini file and move the original Onslaught game to the top of the list in the ini file.
I think UT2Vote should then start that game if a defaultgame is not set as it looks in the list and take the first one that comes along - I think :)

PS..
I found my free server copy, just looking for the cdkey now, as I know I have it in a text file somewhere on my PC then I'll run up a server here and do some experiments.

On a side note, looking at your avatar, are you a model helicopter enthusiast or is that just a gag avatar ?

Done. It started, as you said, with the first one. If you need a key I might have a server key.

Last edited: