UE3 - UDK Are projectiles tied to a Pawn or PlayerController?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Salzel

Sep 5, 2013
When a Pawn fires a Weapon it creates a projectile but is the projectile attached to the player or is it it's entirely own Object with the only way to see who spawned it is by checking it's Instigator attribute?

Is there any way to easily get the players spawned projectiles via something like Pawn -> Weapon -> ArrayOfProjectilesSpawnedFromDevice?

I've checked all the BeyondUnreal wiki pages but can't find anything pertaining to this. I believe it's possible with AllActors or BasedActors but I'd prefer to access it directly if it's possible.

Narayana

Jun 16, 2009
See the SetOwner() function at wiki, and the UT3 translocator weapon/projectile sources.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Projectiles are not registered anywhere by default. If you iterate through all projectiles, you should be able to go back to their Instigator (pawn) or InstigatorController, though. Note that Owner isn't really a reliable way to check that.