UE2 - UT2kX StaticMechActor + Pawn with static mesh no Bump/Touch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

VBKesha

Jan 17, 2013
I creating map with one object StaticMechActor. And Pawn with
Code:
DrawType=DT_StaticMesh
CollisionRadius=1.000000
CollisionHeight=1.000000
I want to have collision events wthe pawn collide StaticMechActor but Bump/Touch/HitWall not generated. In attach i put my mesh screenshots on left part StaticMechActor on right Pawn.
How i can get collision event in this situation?

Attachments

• static_mesh.JPG
    static_mesh.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 15

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The HitWall event might be suppressed by the Pawn's Controller which receives a NotifyHitWall and can decide how to react and whether to forward the notification to the Pawn.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
You need to set 'bDirectHitWall' true in your pawn class for the HitWall event to be called, and note that your pawn's location when HitWall is called will actually typically be pawn.location where you appear to be + vect(0,0,MAXSTEPHEIGHT) since the movement collision trace will 'fail' when it can't step up.

VBKesha

Jan 17, 2013
The touch even has start working then i set
Code:
     bCollideActors = true
     bCollideWorld = true

bBlockActors = false
     bBlockPlayers = false
But HitWall not workig still does not work. Pawn has blocking but not HitWhall in Pawn, and not work NotifyHitWall in player controller. At the same pawn blocked geometry.
Waths i doing wrong?