PSN got hacked...and is still down.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
8VOCZ.jpg
:-D

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
Interesting how the guy who sued Sony was from Birmingham, AL. He's probably trying to get some cash after his house got plowed by a tornado.

Or not, he could just be a sue-happy asshole.

pretty bad how anyone who lives in Alabama is naturally assumed by the rest of the planet to be a low-life incestuous redneck with a baseball cap, a thick accent & a drinking problem :lol:

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
pretty bad how anyone who lives in Alabama is naturally assumed by the rest of the planet to be a low-life incestuous redneck with a baseball cap, a thick accent & a drinking problem :lol:

Actually I just assumed he was a regular sue-happy asshole. :lol:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Holy crap a link to Kotaku that works and takes me directly to the article and I don't have to dick around with the URL in the address bar!

/offtopic

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
The personal data table, which is a separate data set, was not encrypted, but was, of course, behind a very sophisticated security system that was breached in a malicious attack.

So they admitted to not encrypting it. That'll go down well when people try and sue them. And it can't have been that sophisticated if people got in and out before you even saw that data compromised.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Just two things:
Encryption is not like a smart bomb that easily blows away all privacy issues on the screen.
Knowing what really happens on your system is for all practical purposes probably impossible.

Great, now I feel dirty because I just bordered on defending Sony. Gah.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009

Actually it's true. I live in Birmingham and I talk like that IRL. I also like to hang black people for fun on the weekend with my friends. That is after we go fishing with shotguns.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
So they admitted to not encrypting it. That'll go down well when people try and sue them. And it can't have been that sophisticated if people got in and out before you even saw that data compromised.

That is the personal data table though, which most people could give two ****s about. A hacker wants to know where you live, meet them at the door with a shotgun, it's that simple.

The main thing here is that the credit table IS encrypted. Now the possibility of it being decrypted is still very much alive, but this little bit of info should be enough to let people know Sony wasn't as ignorant as we once thought.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin

dude, aren't you the same, just living in east europe and minus the incest? ;)