Far Cry movie trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Well, his movies have to be profitable, since they always go back to him.
Erosion said:
When Uwe Boll put hand on something, that something won't be anymore the same.
yoda.jpg

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/awards

Afaik his movies aren't profitable at all, but he receives funding through some government/tax/whatever loophole.

German investors.

The german gov allow german investors in films to write off 100% of the their investerment in tax deductions. The investor only has to pay taxes if the film is profitable, if not, they get to write off all costs.

Could be why all his films fail hard.

Latent Image

Bring the rain!
Jun 3, 2001
Zer0's Anus
Why the hell did Don D Davis take that role, bloody hell, Its just looks like a ****ty B movie. Why the hell cant a studio grow some balls and spend some money on something like Crysis.

Assymilator

No idea what to put here.
Feb 18, 2001
It's Not Atlanta, GA
It looks like the usual Uwe Boll garbage but Til Schweiger (the guy playing the main character) kinda makes me think of Peter Weller for some reason. That's the only compliment I can give this project.

And COME ON. Did they have to throw in the fat guy comedic sidekick too? Talk about wanting it to fail.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
German investors.

The german gov allow german investors in films to write off 100% of the their investerment in tax deductions. The investor only has to pay taxes if the film is profitable, if not, they get to write off all costs.

Could be why all his films fail hard.

as far as I know this loophole was closed up because of retasrds like boll... but knowing our tax laws there's plenty more to abuse... :mad:

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
Well, his movies are financed from a lost Nazi gold treasure.

From Postal, where he plays himself:
"Boll cameos in the film [Postal], dressed in felt hat and lederhosen, boasting that his films are financed with "Nazi gold", and declaring his priapic enthusiasm for young children. There is even a scene where Vince Desiderio, the actual designer of the video game, is shown physically attacking Boll while shouting, "What the **** did you do to my game Postal?"

That'S good humour... ...and if the Naz... err investors give him money... ...why not.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well Uwe Boll strikes again and ruins what could have been a good story. I swear I think he does this on purpose because no one can be that bad