Combo Support

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

firekid

Jul 9, 2011
I am working on a project for a friend, and he needs me to implement combo support.

I understand that I will probably be using InputMatching and ProcessInputMatching in PlayerController and PlayerInput to accomplish this, but I am extremely new to this area of development and to this genre, How would I implement a simple combo (such as down, right, up)?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Combos, and also dodging, is detected by monitoring activity and inactivity of directional input. Basically you save the detected input direction and compare it with the direction of the last tick. You store the input direction at the end of processing in a variable either in PlayerController or PlayerInput.