UT2k4 random exit problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Towanda

Aug 9, 2000
www.boteam.net
Hi!

Got a copy of ut2k4 and have updated it to the latest patch. No matter what gametype i play the game randomly exits to windows. this sometimes happens after only a few minutes and sometimes after up to 30 minutes of playing.

The error log does not give a clue on what the problem is but quits in the middle of words etc (will post some logs tonite when i get home from work)

system is:
xp2500+ mobile
512 kingston ddr ram
windows xp sp2
radeon 9800xt
directx: 9.0c

I have tested different gfx drives but no change.
tested to install aspi drivers which i read about in some post but no change.
I have tried to reinstall the game about 4 different times but the problem persits.
Virus scan with nav2004 shows no viruses.

All other games (ie u2xmp, ut99, farcry, mohpa) runs without problems

I am really getting annoyed with this problem so i really would appreciate some help :)

Towanda

Aug 9, 2000
www.boteam.net
Mobo is a nf7-s and i run the cpu @ 166x12,5 (i know its crappy but it's unstable if i up it anymore)
cpu temp is: idle 51 Centigrades, load 58 centigrades
case temp: idle: 35 centigrades, load 38 centigrades

online gaming logs:
Log 1
Log 2
Log 4

offilne gaming log
Log 3

Tried running ut2k4 in 800*600 instead of 1024*768 but it crashes...
Tried running all detail settings etc at normal setting but it crashes....
Tried running with openGL instead of directx (fps really sucked) and => Crash
Log 4

Last edited: