map error (to many maps?!?!)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Is it possible to have to many maps?!?!?!

I've installed a few maps latelly, while waiting to have time to polay them... but it seems that something is totally wrong!

Almost all maps in the list now have "blank" screen shots and when ever I try to start any of those maps, I get an URL lauch error... even on maps that already worked and Original UT maps!!

WTF???

Thanx for helping!

------------------
--------------- Geogob --------------
Don't let your brain get infiltrated!

Poke'thesenutz

Apr 11, 2000
Visit site
That's happened to me a couple of times. . .I just reloaded the maps and everything was OK again. . . it probably has something to do w/certain user-made maps sharing .utx files or associations. . .just make sure that you keep the larger .utx file whenever you download a new map. I hope this works for you. . .

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Yes, the problem as you described it also appened to me. But here it's diffrent since It happend also with NO custom maps!

I tried reinstalling UT several times and with diffrent patches... the problem still occurs.

It's probably because I just installed Mac OS 8.6 (was running 8.5.1 before)... but UT sould be fully compatimble with 8.6.

bullet2.gif

--------------- Geogob --------------
Don't let your brain get infiltrated!

]-[ell|2ai§e|2

May 6, 2000
Visit site
it could be that the maps are Unreal maps and not UT maps. that has happened to me but i found out they were only Unreal maps not UT. maybe that will help you, but i could be wrong

dj_spazz

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
Whenever you install a new map, unzip all the files into a separate directory and put all the .utx files in the "/textures" folder and all the .umx files in the "/music" folder and all the .unr files in the "/maps" folder.