Shootmania jailbreak gamemode

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Cease and desist! :p

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uicKs5oSxeQ[/M]

Akbalder

Mar 18, 2003
France
Visit site
I'm the one who made the Jailbreak gamemode on Shootmania.

Did you play it or just watched the video?
Do you not like Shootmania at all or just the Jailbreak gamemode?

Last edited:

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Do you not like [...] the Jailbreak gamemode?
:D

I've watched the video and played something like four hours;
this game have a huge potential for vertical gaming (highlighted by official trailers)
...but I'm had very disappointed by the "real" result and the limited vertical aspect in its levels.

I've started some heavy vertical JB maps for ut3
but I definitely dont feel as I've imagined after seen an old ut2007 teaser (Othello vs liandri bot)

Akbalder

Mar 18, 2003
France
Visit site
The combats aren't very vertical in Shootmania but it is possible to create maps with some vertical gameplay.

The video has been made on a very old Jailbreak map (it was the first map created). The gameplay is better on newer maps.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Shootmania just seems kind of dull in general. Everything is too bland and generic, and I think z-axis is a valuable component in good arena shooter gameplay, as the others have suggested. It lacks a theme to give it a feel and style of its own. Unreal Tournament was birthed from a classic single player game, which makes it set in a world with a theme and some lore. This gives UT (and to some degree, quake 3/quake live) a flavor a lot of shooters today lack. sadly, without some gimmicky level up / xp system, you cant hold the attention of todays new gamers for very long.

I'm certain you've done a good job implementing the gametype, you simply made it for a meh game. :p