Online play problem (Alice DSL)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I got an ADSL connection few days ago and played online, but it is horrible. Sprinting makes me always warp and stick on corners, escaping nades means finding yourself standing in front of it after sprinting miles away, enemies pop up in front of you and they kill you befor you see em.

I have Alice DSL 5000 (germans might know), what can it be? And is it a problem of connection? I was able to paly even better on 56k in the past.

Taque

Custom User Title
Dec 3, 2002
PARIS
www.mpclan.com
So that's why you're always sticking around behind me. :p I know this sounds stupid, but is your netspeed set to 10000 or 7500? I know that sometimes it defaults to 20000 for LAN connection and that can cause problems online. Are you also checking F6 for PL?

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I stick around you, cuz I like team play, while in that case you kill for me and I die for you, a weird kind of team play, hrhr.

I checked the connection setting and it was on 28,8k - 56k, I changed it to Cable, xDSL. I was trying to do that allready, but I swear I couldn't find that option, how stupid :shake:. It was under game options :con:
But I didn't tried yet, maybe that doesn't change things, but I hope.

Is that what you mean?

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Psychomorph said:
I stick around you, cuz I like team play, while in that case you kill for me and I die for you, a weird kind of team play, hrhr.

I checked the connection setting and it was on 28,8k - 56k, I changed it to Cable, xDSL. I was trying to do that allready, but I swear I couldn't find that option, how stupid :shake:. It was under game options :con:
But I didn't tried yet, maybe that doesn't change things, but I hope.

Is that what you mean?

More or less corredct. You can just open the console and type

netspeed XXXXX

while the X is the number. Something around 10000 shall work (press f6 ingame to check what it is set to), if not, just try different higher and lower settings.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I played with xDSL adjusted and it seemed to work, for all cases I typed netspeed 10000 too and it works good as it seems. Thank you both.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Good you finally joined the online crew! If you can get 'fastpath' activated by your ISP its usually worth the extra buck.

On a sidenote: sticking together for (DTAS) attack is mostly always a good tactic - on denfese with small teams its usually better to spread out a bit ;)

Make sure to join us on TS2 next time. N1 IP 213.239.200.38:8767

Taque

Custom User Title
Dec 3, 2002
PARIS
www.mpclan.com
On a sidenote of a sidenote, I love it when attackers stick together on attack because they'll die off faster in pairs than alone. :p

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Taque, depends on how you stick together, obviously. When one goes left covering right and the other right covering left, then you are so much more effective. You might need a second team following 50 - 100 meters behind though to prevent flanking.

Taque

Custom User Title
Dec 3, 2002
PARIS
www.mpclan.com
Notice the :p smilie Ros ... ;) That and my statement stands. It's so nice when problems are solved, these threads can turn into random chit chat. :D

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Hey don't get me wrong, I understand what you mean. It's so funny when you cover one window in the entire map and everybody keeps going to that one window because they want to see who shot their teammate.