export question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gorgon

Oct 15, 2003
Visit site
yes, I know they have LOTS of info for free on 2003, but I dont have 2004 spec ed and I cant find anything on exporting from Maya 5 to 2004.

chip

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
gorgon said:
yes, I know they have LOTS of info for free on 2003, but I dont have 2004 spec ed and I cant find anything on exporting from Maya 5 to 2004.
you don't need UT2004 SE to get the basic exporting process info -- it's in the help files of Maya 5 PLE when the new unEditor plugin gets installed, under Help>UT2004 Exports.

the plugin (and Maya 5 PLE, if you need it) is on CD6, the Play Disk. not sure of its location in the DVD edition, but you don't have that, right? just follow the installation instructions & you should be good to go.

and just for clarity, if you're using PLE make sure you state that in all your posts, as the export process for the retail Maya uses different software (hence Snake's reply re: ActorX).

gorgon

Oct 15, 2003
Visit site
Chip, thx. I used Mozilla as my web browser which would not open the page for the export help, so I installed IE and it pulls it up fine.

Duley noted about accuracy in my posts. I try to remember the importance of stating everything, everytime.