Weapons disappear from HUD...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Narbels

Oct 16, 2001
US
Visit site
My setup:

AMD 1.4Ghz 266FSB
Gigabyte 7DXR
512 MB DDR
SB Live Platinum 5.1
VisionTek GeForce2 Ultra DDR

My problem:

I have a good bit of mods, skins, voice packs and mutators. Also have around 200+ maps.

When you start a game you physically see the Enforcer in front of you, what happens to me is this - when I start subsequent games, the Enforcer disappears from sight and the view is really "close". It becomes next to impossible to play. You just cannot see the bots quickly enough since you cannot turn very well. The only "warning" that I can relate is that the screen while its loading (which normally says "Unreal Tournament blah blah") is enlarged. Meaning that you can only see part of the words - like the resolution has been changed to something like 320X?

Has anyone heard of this problem? How can I solve it (change settings in any .ini etc). I have uninstalled/reinstalled about 10 times now.

This only happens when coming into a new map, never DURING gameplay on a map!!!

Last thing, I tried to take the automatically change (maps) option off. That seemed to work for a while, but when I loaded some additional maps etc, it happened again.

What gives???

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
It sounds to me as your FOV is changed.
Open your user.ini in notepad and find the section: [Engine.PlayerPawn]

Look at the two lines: DesiredFOV= and DefaultFOV=
Both should be set to 90.