Rear (character) view during gameplay?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cyman

Jul 8, 2005
Hi there,

Is there any way to enable UT in a rear-character view mode, kinda like in Tomb Raider?

Michelrpg

Jul 6, 2005
another way in-game, is to fire a redeemer in secondairy mode, than press 1, or 2 (on the numpad) or whatever key you configured to watch a teammate, and the redeemer will explode, and you will be seeing yourself in rear-view

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
UT is just meant to be a 1st person shooter, there is a 3rd person view but that`s more a small gimmick, nothing else.
IMO if I want to have a good 3rd person view I play a game which is designed for that (Max Payne, Tomb Raider and so on)

Last edited by a moderator:

Michelrpg

Jul 6, 2005
rear view is actually cool occasionally to be honest. esspecially if you have the bullet time mutator :D. Its wicked. (or better, bullet time + relic of speed = awesome screen)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
summon engine.camera

Press F5 until you view from engine.camera

Go in first person view. Now you can see yourself from all angles, and you don't need bots or any humans..............

Make sure you're playing a deathmatch game.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
NeoNite said:
summon engine.camera

Press F5 until you view from engine.camera

Go in first person view. Now you can see yourself from all angles, and you don't need bots or any humans..............

Make sure you're playing a deathmatch game.

Works that also for UT2k4? well, gonna try it ;)