3D Prophet 4500 flickering problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

natty82

Sep 10, 2000
Visit site
First thing I did when I got this cool card installed was load up ctf-face. Everything looked awesome, and I had about a 30 fps jump from my tnt2 ultra card. Anyways.... then my stomach sank because the planet floated around and there was tearing and flickering around the edges, not small either. This was in d3d mode. Then I got bored and decided to try opengl and use the compressed textures. Which I got to work but the tearing is still there and now it also tears on buildings and such at distances..... any ideas?

ohh, I have the newest drivers, directx and all that jazz. I'm sure there is just something I'm not thinking of.

Wedge Man

Oct 17, 2001
Visit site
I had flickering with Rouge Spear and..

I was able to fix a really bad flickering and tearing problem that I had with all my direct3D games such as Rogue Spear and Project IGI. I had to go into the BIOS and increase the AGP aperture from 64 to 256 even though I only have 128MB of RAM.

Don't be afraid to try this if other measures fail. It can be changed back if you want.

Wedge Man