UMOD problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
More and more, I'm finding myself having to extract UMODs by hand with UCC. If I have to enter the UT folder name by hand, they work fine, but if the UMOD installer finds the correct folder for UT automatically, it tells me I don't have UT installed. My questions:

1. WTF?
2. Is there a way to extract an entire UMOD at once rather than file by file? I tried wildcards to no avail.
3. I assume there's something screwed with my registry entry for UT. Windows XP couldn't find it to uninstall during my last reinstall. I've got no clue how to go about fixing it, though.

Last edited:

Lord_Darkness

Lord of Darkness
Jul 29, 2004
Brazil
www.moddb.com
Maybe this can help ya?
UMOD Tool 2.0 - http://modsquad.beyondunreal.com/review.php?id=38

UMOD Tool 2.0 - Fixing UMOD problems
For those of you who can't install UMODs properly, you can use the utility's auto-associate option so that the utility will automatically open and help you install mods/mutators. There are numerous other things that UMOD Tool does, but I'm not going to repeat everything I said in the last review. So, check that out instead and come back here when you're done to see what's new with UMOD Tool.

Last edited:

iSenSe

on it!
Jan 20, 2008
DM-1on1SmallMountain [NL]
i posted a few days ago the perfect UT reg fix in the ''mods and muties'' thread which is stickied ;)

i also had the same problems,ive bin wresteling a whole time with allot of different programs and tutorials on the net to get it working again.
Only this setup file restores the original path for umod support back in your windows register, which every regfix does, but this one really works.

oo well, screw that :p
here is it ;)

http://www.pseudorandom.co.uk/2001/p...gFixer-1_1.exe

this works for me, with unreal anthology, i hope it works for you
i admit, that umod is handy once in a while. only the original umodsetup goes faster :p

Last edited:

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
Using tools to open Umod files are cool, but why not put in the function that umod files are supposed to have? Double clicking them to auto install the mods.

http://www.planetmonsterhunt.com/viewtopic.php?t=30

Follow that tutorial and you'll be able to run umod files just by double clicking them.
Um, yeah. That's what I've GOT. I already HAVE that function. That function was pretty much the CENTRE of my initial post.

The problem is that when I run it, I click next on the screen with the install directory and the next screen says UT must be installed in the specified folder. My issue is telling UT somehow that that's the folder it's installed in.

I've searched through the registry with no luck. UT ini, no luck. Nothing seems to point to why UT's not seeing a game that's there, fully installed, and telling the freaking registry that it's there.

Ugh.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Hmm, as far as I know the installer detects if you have UT only by the directory structure and registry. Nothing else. Maybe you misplaced something there?

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
Um, yeah. That's what I've GOT. I already HAVE that function. That function was pretty much the CENTRE of my initial post.

No need to get an attitude buddy. The UMOD file ASKS you where Unreal Tournament is installed, it's up to YOU the USER to tell it where Unreal Tournament is installed, trying tell it without a trailing \ next time.

For example.
C:\UnrealTorunament
NOT C:\UnrealTournament\

If you are doing that correctly, then your Manifest.ini file is probably screwed up, or your trying to install a UMOD file that requires something else to be installed.

:rolleyes:

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
No need to get an attitude buddy. The UMOD file ASKS you where Unreal Tournament is installed, it's up to YOU the USER to tell it where Unreal Tournament is installed, trying tell it without a trailing \ next time.

For example.
C:\UnrealTorunament
NOT C:\UnrealTournament\

If you are doing that correctly, then your Manifest.ini file is probably screwed up, or your trying to install a UMOD file that requires something else to be installed.

I apologise for the attitude. I was frustrated that night (I have homework and it doesn't seem to end).

As for your post, that's a little too basic for me. I should probably point out at this point that I am very knowledgeable about computers and this game, and that I have directed the installer to the very folder UT is installed in and it says something to the tune of: "(MOD) requires UT to be installed in this folder first." I tried this with and with out the trailing \.

Now my troubleshooting mind first is stumped. Then a few seconds later, suggests that a reinstall is necessary. I have already done that once, and maybe even twice. No luck.

Then I remember how I noticed unrealed had problems locating a file under a directory structure containing a space. For this problem, I first tried putting quotes around the location with no luck. Then I tried changing "Epic Megagames" (My full path is D:\Epic Megagames\UnrealTournament) to "EpicMe~1" with no luck.

I then browsed to "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UnrealTournament. Everything was fine there. Including version number.

I'd say more, but it's late, and I have a big day tomorrow.

I'm gonna try that special tool in pseudorandom. It seems promising. It that doesn't work, I'm just gonna give up and use my external umod extraction program.

Thanks for your help guys :)

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
No, but I will now.

OK, it didn't work. It said I don't have the right version. I installed the 436 patch again.

OMG it worked. The version problem was probably the problem the whole time.

ugh :(

Definition:

Ugh - interjection - A negative vocal expression of low energy (i.e. not of anger or other high-energy negative emotions), often leading from feelings of stress, overwhelming, or depressed mood.

Last edited: