INFMOD Weapon Pack 1.5 Released! (May 2006)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
No i mean like when you reload the UDAR, the ammo count decreases as you put the rounds in the cylinder. Then say you fire off 2 shots then reload, the remaining 3 get dumped out, and you place another 5 in the cylinder, witherout the spare 3 going back into the ammo count. Those 3 rounds just vanish, and cant be picked up from the ground either.

Try it. Start with the UDAR and a box of 25 rounds, 5 of which are automatically in the weapon (of course) so you have 20 spare rounds left. fire a shot then reload. All the shells get dumped out, and 5 fresh ones get placed in the cylinder, thus leaving you with 15 rounds in the ammo count.

edit: My bad, you can pick them up off the ground, i never got that far in the manual. Got side tracked trying to set up my INF for night vision. However, i would still like it changed so that the INF soldier "catches" live rounds which go back into the ammo count.

Last edited:

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
The rest of the ammo is not dumped, you can pick all the stuff up. And...i think i would not start trying to get out the 3 spend shells and leaving in the 2 not spent when in a firefight, I bet that would be a little difficult ;). If you want your rounds back, just pick them up. (Another con to this method would be that it needed LOTS of additional animations, and I think we rather get another thing done than working many days on this one).

On changing bot conefire: At the moment i.e. the bots conefire are seems the same as the hipshot conefire from players, so changing anything there might affect players, too.

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
You can use oltheros' magazine pickup thingy and pickup the shells there instead of look-grabing off the ground / using the pickup menu.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
@ Lich: No, no animations needed. Just when the ammo is tipped out of the revolver, instead of rounds spawning on the ground, your ammo count increases by the appropriate number. When directly engaged in a firefight, no you wouldn't reload halfway through a cylinder, but in a CQB situation such as indoors in ACB where there isn't a safe place to sit and reload, then pick up the shells, but you also wouldn't go into another firefight with only 1 or 2 rounds. Its really petty really, but when magazines that only contain 1 round are kept, i just feel that any live rounds that are left when you reload should be kept too.

As for the bots, it must be something different and weapon specific, because the bots are lethally accurate with the AKM and FN FAL, i often get sniped by one of my bots at 100m or more with a AKM. I just thought the cone fire thing might be it.

@ Burger: Thats an idea, what does it exactly do, is it that excess ammo mute?

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
UDAR: When reloading with a partial fired cylander, the remaining ammo is dumped. Is this intentional?

I took me long enough time to code (so that the ammo behaves like shells, movement wise) this that I can assure you it was intentional. And it won't change... like Lich said, in a firefight, you won't start to catch the shells and pick the lives one out and throw the used one out. Acutally I could do it, but then reload time would be 3 times longer.

I'd like to let you chose between pickup up rounds and having a reload 3 times longer... but I don't really want it to be 3 times longer, so I won't let you chose :p

I heard that the bots use cone fire instead
Instead of what? the same cone fire the player uses (except with the M16A4 now).

Would it be possible to adjust the "high ready" position to look through the iron sights instead of over the scope?

It's called "high ready"... not "backup iron sights". Plus, I really don't think that the ironsights are meant to be used (or can be used for that matter) on the M14DMR. I'd have to find some reliable reference material on their usage alongside the scope.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I think the iron sights of the M16A4 are off. Aiming at distance I have to aim slightly lower, only due to ballistics. Aiming at closer distances I even have to aim with the free space over the pin, only in extreme close combat it doesn't matter.
It is a bit difficult to be very accurate on ranges.

@Backup sights:
Would be good to aim the backup sights on the ACOG of the M4A1 and hopefully with the M16A4 too. Same principe as the G36K sight switch. If a grenade launcher is attached (or laser thing, flashlight), hold down the attachment key and push the ROF key (same as with OICW you can do various actions).
If not, high-ready.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Aiming at distance I have to aim slightly lower,

IT's weapon zeroing. Unfortunately we can't change the elevation on the fly so you hasve to learn what you're weapon is zeroed at and then compensate at longer distances.

On the Elcan scope for example we have a turn dial we can adjust for 200 to 300 - 400 meters. It would be a bit of a pain to code something to fix this.

SS declined to do it and no one has really offered.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site

To be honest I never delved that deep into the OICW's functions. However that hasn't sotpped me from using to kill my brother online time after time :D. It's his favorite weapon and it pisses the hell out of him when I do it lol!!!!

Anyway, if you could come up with zeroing adjustment on scopes, or just sniper scopes in general I think that would make INF be the DEFINITIVE mil sim game in my eyes.

-Freshmeat

Eternally noob
Dec 4, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
chuckus said:
Anyway, if you could come up with zeroing adjustment on scopes, or just sniper scopes in general I think that would make INF be the DEFINITIVE mil sim game in my eyes.

I second that. I tried sniping bots on RtK to try out binoculars and sniper rifle. With the M82 it really is not a problem, but the M14 has a very large drop at the ranges from the crest of the spawn areas to the target areas. The mil dots are not any help, as they are to small to be seen properly on my monitor. I do not know if it would be easy to implement, but it would be very nice to adjust for range. On the M82 the animation is already there, but be happy to have the option without animations. Even a .ini file would be fine. Again, I do not know how much work it would involve.

-Freshmeat

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
chuckus said:

Well, then I suggest you have a look on the wp 1.5 oicw ;).

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
-Freshmeat said:
...but be happy to have the option without animations. Even a .ini file would be fine.
It could even work, that you look only through scope and adjust the ranges. The 3rd person doesn't have these "scope animations" so it doesn't matter if the 1st person have it when you actually aim the scope.

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
No more odd functions for guns I'm running out of fingers allready, and the combinations needed to triger some of them are worse than art of fighter special move combinations! :p

Then I wonder about the apropriateness of zeroing on a mod with very limited distances in the first place (RtK being the exception rather than the rule).

P.s. I have found a (very messy and convoluted) way for doing ut developpement under Linux. I have also tried inf under windows. It definately looks like there are issues with linux ut high level renderer (the render.so not the OpenGL.so). Given time and patience I'd like to see if I can find a workaround for this ... That is when I understand how to set up an sdk and how to decompile/compile modify and recompile things for ut/inf.

Buddz

Jan 4, 2004
Oldenburg, Germany
This WP is so great. Wow! No "But...", no "If...". Plain and simple.
I just love this new high-ready aim feature with the M14, and the UDAR is just nice. Although I think next to worthless in real combat (ie online play) with the exception of pistolmatches perhaps. I really like little features like eg. the fact that when you pull the trigger after all five shots are fired the drum revolves on. I just love that animation (well during real combat that would suck, but just admiring the animation). It's these little things that make INF enjoyable for me to play.

...and, I don't think the keys are too strange to handle.

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
Indeed that is odd, but correct me if I'm wrong, the scopes are rendered with a series of overlapping textures e.g. front lens, back lens and reticule that move independantly to give the impression of misallignment. If the red and black parts of the reticule were on different textures this would be an explanation. If this is the case I suspect the linux renderer can only display one of these textures at a time.

A doubt that cought me, is that when badly rendered by the O'donel 3.2 unstable driver the scoap looks more like a black vector plane with a variable aperture.

These are just thoughts, I still havn't understood how ucc, unrealed and the rest of that stuff works in order to look at the sourcecode.

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Well it's a hard choice for me. I can either:

- create new commands that will force people to bind new keys (like with the night vision command)
- or use combination of keys for weapon handling.

Now, I look at my own case... in INF, basically all usable keys of the 104 or so keys of my keyboard are used. Adding new commands would be hell for me. I'm sure others are in this situation. Also, using simple and intuitive combination of key that are used on a regular basis can be faster and more efficient.