FragBU: Friday 12/9 and Saturday 12/10

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
GGs, but...a little bit...whiny. I know whining is a popular FragBU pastime, and it usually doesn't bother me, but it got out of hand last night. Or maybe I was just in a bad mood because I was playing like crap and I was projecting. Did seem a bit whinier than usual though.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
nuttella said:
GGs, but...a little bit...whiny.

Agreed.

Can we please drop the "pro" talk in-game ("it must be pro night", "looks like all the pros are here"). It gets a little old and it smacks of sour grapes. FragBU is for all skill levels, newbie and experienced alike.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Whew... ggs tonight. Pretty tough matches all around. Good night for CTF lovers.

I don't get it when people say FragBU is too pro. Since when was playing hard a bad thing? I think it's lol when someone pulls off a really incredible shot on me, or when mms kills me constantly before I can even grab a weapon on Romra. FragBU has always been about playing hard.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Warmup plz? or some suggestions that'll help.
FBU is seriously getting less fun for me. Just stat whoring and pro hitscanning. I've already got several ppl on ignore bc of the nonsense that gets said when killed or missing shots or by some miracle are playing so bad they're leading thier team. Maybe I'm just frustrated by the non effort to balance skill in games or the grind of hitscan2k4.
I think the novelty of the last FBU change has long worn off and we need some other change now.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
A short 30 second warmup would be really nice for people with slower connections or slow computers. And maybe it might allow for the players to even teams, before the match, so we can see even more balanced hard-fought games in the future.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
zynthetic said:
Warmup plz? or some suggestions that'll help.
FBU is seriously getting less fun for me. Just stat whoring and pro hitscanning. I've already got several ppl on ignore bc of the nonsense that gets said when killed or missing shots or by some miracle are playing so bad they're leading thier team. Maybe I'm just frustrated by the non effort to balance skill in games or the grind of hitscan2k4.
I think the novelty of the last FBU change has long worn off and we need some other change now.

It's a hitscan fest, no doubt. :)

I think a warmup is a good idea. It would help give us time to balance teams.

New maps would be something that would help liven things up.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
heh, I can never get head shots unless they are pure luck.

I'm gonna have to start aiming with my movement again instead of with my mouse.

GG's everyone. D:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
I would've joined tonight, but I wasn't here for two reasons:

1) We had another Community Reload deal, which lasted till about 1 AM

2) My mouse was ****ing up anyway.

I put in a Paypal transfer from my bank account to it, hopefully it'll clear by Wednesday and I can get it priority shipped or something. I cannot play with this mouse on the fritz like this - With PS/2, it spazzes, with USB, it simply dies.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
m&ms said:
</statwhoreweekend>

Now as for what happens next week.....

I was prompted to look at the records, and I was surprised to find I actually hold some. I have the most kills with the Leviathan, Scorpion and SPMA. I've been killed the most by Flak, Mini and Link. And I've been killed the most while holding the Flak Cannon, Minigun and Classic Sniper Rifle. m&ms, if you'd like, I can help you break my killed-by-flak record. I know you want that one. :p

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Dark Pulse said:
With PS/2, it spazzes, with USB, it simply dies.
With those symptoms, I'm willing to bet a wire is broken somewhere in the cable, probably right at the point where the cable goes into the mouse. In my experience USB is much less forgiving of intermittent connection than PS/2 is.