Community Bonus Pack 3, Volume 2 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
Thanx for your comment.

Well, i think its more funny with more routes cause its a little more hard for defending and i like. Also, there are some hot spots in the map.

Anyway, thats just a question of taste i guess ;)
Yeah but then it sorta becomes a mess and you can't cap anymore because the other team has your flag and by the time the flag is back you're already dead and the opposing team's flag has been returned. You need to have a strong defense while also providing the flag runner with multiple routes. Anyway the map looks great, and I overreacted earlier the map is fun, but not as fun as it could have been.

Daniel "KaMi"

enjoy CBP3! :D
Sep 22, 2005
spain, costa del sol
I have taken a look at the pack and I wanted to make some comments.
Firstly congrats to everyone for completing there map. its all great work!!

Some things stood out to me.. Kami, I was surprised to see Arean an all outside map.. the size of the level was over all larger I guess that's to suite UT3, anyway it was great I know Im going to love it again!! i was impressed to see some custom meshes there!! I also liked the way you used some of the meshes.

I once said thats it was sad to port a CTF map to DM, i still stand by this.. however I think after looking at solar, and the changes that you made I felt that you should enter it to the comp also.. as you have put quite some work into making it a DM level!

as for N3odoc, I was even more impressed by the meshes, did he make these? wow!! they really are what made the map.. that must have taken allot of planning and time!
this level was still quite impressive but something about it felt messy to me.. i think thats maybe the look he was going for. Dont get me wrong im very pickly with my maps and these 2 are the first to make it on my HDD and I feel they will stay there. Arean is definitely my kind of map though!!

Agonas was well made, but the theme just isn't for me..

umm Morgoth the was nice.. I would have liked to keep it but I just wish it had a post process volume that didn't make it look like I was playing with my detail level set to low. makes it look like UT2004. I thought that was sad to see it that way.

that rest was all great map.. but ill be keeping CTF-Arean and CTF-Vengeance from this pack.

Yay finally CTF maps I say, bout time there were some good ones for me Thanks guys :)

Thanks man, im glad you liked the maps :)
As you can see solar wasnt just a port :D, i made a lot of changes from the CTF version and would have liked to make a lot more (add new places, new meshes, ect) but hadnt the time for it. I did some custom meshes yep, but not so many like in Salvation (+180 :D lol) this time.

Dewd, you have to make a 1on1 DM map for UT3 , you're awesome at DM.

Anyway I got the pack and as expected Kami and N3o's maps were my favorite though Thor had a few collision issues and the sounds were too loud, but other than that it's really awesome. Decay had some serious item placement issues which kinda killed it for me, but I loved the visuals IMHO it's the best looking necris map. Vengeance and Arean were both spectacular, even though they are a bit overscaled. The other CTF maps are a bit on the average side when it comes to gameplay. Morgoth was a bit too hit scan dominant and the routes were too constricitive. Krodan looked nice but the ramps leading to the flags were really frustrating. Agonas has way too many routes so it's too easy to cap, and isn't really that fun to play because of it. Still haven't tried meditation.
And WTF happened to Desolation? I hope it's still being worked on.

Thanks cooloola, glad you liked them, arean was scaled 1.25 if i remember well from the UT version.
I think i have to make now a VCTF or WAR map :D

Monger923

Apr 10, 2008
umm Morgoth the was nice.. I would have liked to keep it but I just wish it had a post process volume that didn't make it look like I was playing with my detail level set to low. makes it look like UT2004. I thought that was sad to see it that way.

Thanks for comments. I do agree with you. I made some mistakes early on with mesh creation, and made serveral last minute changes that made it look washed out. If your interested, please check out this link:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=599235&page=15

I am planning on revamping Morgoth, this just states some of what will be addressed.

Thanks

vybz

Apr 2, 2008
morg and vengeance were my favourite.

I agree with Bazz on the visuals of morg.

I didnt really get in to the other ctf maps as the felt quiote open and not forcing direction so much,not much "natural flow" felt more as dm maps. and Kroden i got quite lost at first then I got used to it but its reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy hard for the flag carrier to get away, there should be a quick way from flag to get to higher grounds or on a new level.

just a quick comment for now

Last edited:

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Is anyone trying to fix the KaT model problem for the PS3? I kind of feel like I am being ignored when trying to get info about a real bug with your pack.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Hey Kami, do you or your brother have plans for any more maps anytime soon?

I looked into vengeance again.. i wanted to figure out what it was that I didn't like.. the lighting.. now I know im not a pro.. but some areas were dark and there would be these bright spots in open areas where there naturally would be allot of light reflecting from the surrounding walls.. there was allot of this.. but anyway still great map.. the lighting just could have been a bit less light and dark

Last edited:

Daniel "KaMi"

enjoy CBP3! :D
Sep 22, 2005
spain, costa del sol
Hey Kami, do you or your brother have plans for any more maps anytime soon?

I looked into vengeance again.. i wanted to figure out what it was that I didn't like.. the lighting.. now I know im not a pro.. but some areas were dark and there would be these bright spots in open areas where there naturally would be allot of light reflecting from the surrounding walls.. there was allot of this.. but anyway still great map.. the lighting just could have been a bit less light and dark

We have plans for new maps of course, but we need a rest :D and focus a bit more into our studies, so if we make something it will come the next year for sure and probably just before phase 3 :D