Maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chew-This

Jan 23, 2008
I'm having a difficult time finding the Map section associated to this forum?
In this section it had options for different types/styles/versions of maps.
It must have had over a 1000 different maps you could download.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
I use to beable to find it here:
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com

But now the forum pops up instead.:(

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2004
I'm pretty sure Nali City is having issues again, so they probably just redirected the users to the forums instead. Nali City was down for about a week before they redirected us here. My bet is you won't be able to download any maps from Nali City anytime soon.

I hope it just means they are working on stuff... It would be a shame to see Nali City go like this.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Due to issues beyond our control, the server that NaliCity has been hosted on since 2001 is no longer a viable hosting platform and as of a few days ago is gone. This has the unfortunate side effect of Nali City being completely down with no estimate on when it will be back up.

For several years now, all of BeyondUnreal has been hosted on a newer, better server, but for technical reasons Nali City has never been able to be moved over to this server from the ancient server it was on.

We hope that the Nali City community will continue to function on the forums while we work on a way to restore the website to a usable state. For the record, we have not lost any of the site data, the hard drives in the old server were not affected by this and the database was never on there.

If anyone has any ideas how we can help the NaliCity community through this time, please let us know.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
We need a new site, a new site with a completely new name, that host every Epic Games's titles.
Like the Epic Games FSP banana, without all the junk and kiddies.

milb

****** from Teen Arts
Feb 12, 2004
Germany
www.milb-maps.net
Totally agree...
Better try to do a new site. Most people will reupload their stuff. And to be honest: After half a year without nalicity I don't really care about it anymore.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Totally agree...
Better try to do a new site. [...]

... i believe that's the general ideia [\sarcasm], but really, even if UT/Unreal games are [seemingly] slowing down on popularity (due to whatever reasons we all know and aren't worth posting about now), that doesn't mean a popular hosting site like NaliCity should go away. I like UT and [heck!] even fire up UT2004 every now and then, and sure as heck i'd continue support those games for as long as i can run them on a PC - and don't come with the 'oh, so old games' talk. Many 'old' games still hold today with devoted comunities (iD products, most notably), and UT IMO is one of those games going that way. That said, Nalicity, as one of the best repository for easy and *configurable* map search (and *gulp* reviews) SHOULD come back online. There's too many history and content over this site along the years, not to be respected...

[...]Most people will reupload their stuff. [...]

...exactly. And even if some don't want to bother, the system Nalicity had of allowing upload and then giving credit to the proper author completely solves such problem...

[...]And to be honest: After half a year without nalicity I don't really care about it anymore.

...heretic! :D ... but really, i miss Nalicity soooooooo much :| . And the idea of supporting other games other than Unreal games was already under work (Gears Of War, at least), and, given proper server space, i'd most certainly support the idea of including most [popular] UnrealEngine games with mapediting capabilities (i know, but...)...

/wants Nalicity back!

*cries in room corner*