Wosrt screenshot thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Manticore said:
as-thematrixmoviess0.jpg

User comments totally trashed this map.

... it deserved it. It really is a ****ty map...

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
yeah, it's leet. Wait till you see the lightbox alignment, the doorways you can barely even fit through and the long corridors to nowhere :)

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
not a released map, just one someone I know in rl made after about 10 mins or learning the editor :con:

Attachments

• _9995NoPrayer.gif
    _9995NoPrayer.gif
    39.4 KB · Views: 29

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
ONS-Dreamus2

Bot_40 said:
not a released map, just one someone I know in rl made after about 10 mins or learning the editor :con:
..and I'm sure it was worth every minute.

I don't know if this map is good but ONS-Dreamus was an o.k. map. I just wish the mapper had provided a description in the submission as to what differences there are between this and the other version. The screenshots:
ons-dreamus2_2.jpg

don't really look any different from the original version. The above shot doesn't give anything away at all.

Personally, I need a little more mind candy from the mapper before being tempted to download an updated version.........

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
DM-SpaceBattle

In my opinion this screenshot is one of the most cryptic I've come across. It's a new submission but there is absolutley no map description so I don't have a clue as to what the map will be like. I might download this, it's a very small file, and give it a look.

I can see a moon........
dm-spacebattle_0.jpg

Hi Bob. I was wondering what happened to the master of the screenshots thread.

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Manticore said:
In my opinion this screenshot is one of the most cryptic I've come across. It's a new submission but there is absolutley no map description so I don't have a clue as to what the map will be like. I might download this, it's a very small file, and give it a look.

Seems the map name says it all,seems like were back to starwars or other games again,just DM for me I guess.on foot heh.

Last edited:

Uncle_Bob

Sympathy for Mr. Vengance
Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
Manticore said:

I can see a moon........
dm-spacebattle_0.jpg

Looks to me like a load of circular platforms abaove somekind of moon. Probably another space map but with circular platforms.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
CTF-LostTube

Uncle_Bob said:
Looks to me like a load of circular platforms abaove somekind of moon. Probably another space map but with circular platforms.
That's exactly what it is. It's an interesting experiment in Raptor battling as each of those platforms has a machine. Unfortunately the bots don't fly the machines so it would only be fun on LAN with humans.

Here's a screenie that leaves a lot to the imagination:
ctf-losttubess0.jpg

It got some good comments. I might download the map and give it a go.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
DM-Childhoodsend

Childhood's End was the Arthur C. Clarke novel about aliens making first contact with Earth (I think from memory but it's been a long time). I hope if and when aliens do visit this rock they make maps that have better screenshots than this:
dm-childhoodsend.jpg

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Some people baffle me, who could have thought something like that would look good...

but then again...I'll shutup now ;)

Uncle_Bob

Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
Manticore said:
This map has the best deco and meshing that I've ever seen in any map, in any game; anywhere. Oh, wow!
dm-cubicalwars_0.jpg

dm-cubicalwars_1.jpg

In other words; this is a joke isn't it?

Including the comment......

Its very boring looking. Its just grey textures. Maybe he was going for the minimilist aproach? It would have looked better in UT99 with better more intersting lighting. He did say it was his first map....

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
O.k. but........

Uncle_Bob said:
Its very boring looking. Its just grey textures. Maybe he was going for the minimilist aproach? It would have looked better in UT99 with better more intersting lighting. He did say it was his first map....
I understand what you're saying Bob but there are first maps AND there are first maps. If you haven't tried either of IPX White Tiger's first maps (DM-City of Thieves) I would suggest you take a look.

As you can see, I have changed my above comment with the screenies from what was in your quote because, as you rightly point out, what I said was unfair but, a lot of people are going to question whether this is a joke; the map is that basic.

Anyway, comments have been left....

Last edited:

Uncle_Bob

Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
Manticore said:
I understand what you're saying Bob but there are first maps AND there are first maps. If you haven't tried either of IPX White Tiger's first maps (DM-City of Thieves) I would suggest you take a look.

As you can see, I have changed my above comment with the screenies from what was in your quote because, as you rightly point out, what I said was unfair but, a lot of people are going to question whether this is a joke; the map is that basic.

Anyway, comments have been left....

I remember City of Thieves didn't it get a 7. I haven't played it and I can't at the moment I haven't got 2K4 installed.

The idea of this map could be expanded upon though, if you turned it into an office building with lots of cublicles, a bit like in deus ex maybe? Just a mad idea! :)

Do you think there should be something warning people not to submit there very first map unless its very very good or at least a decent attempt. It would only be a warning mind you as you don't want to put everyone off.