UE3 - UT3 Spider Mines

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

blkant

Feb 14, 2008
I started attempting to learn scripting with UT3 just a day or so ago and decided to toy with some simple projectile swaps on the rocket launcher, however I have quickly run into an issue that I can't get myself to move on from.

I attempted swapping the rocket projectile form the rocket launcher with the Spider mine from the trap. It's simple enough to get it to fire the mine however the mine explodes the second it hits the ground. After much time reading through everything that involved the mine and testing other tweaks I have come to the conclusion that it is exploding because the mine's Lifeline = none, which as per the code in SpiderMineBase if the Lifeline = none it runs the destruction.

I also have come to noticed that the Lifeline variable is set by the SpiderMineTrap upon running a method that returns an object of type SpiderMineBase where it designates the Lifeline as self.

Can anyone help me get past this predicament here? Logically speaking it seems I should be able to just override one of these to stop caring about the lifeline value, or perhaps forcing the mines value for Lifeline as self but I'm simply to new to know how to go about doing this.

I greatly appreciate any help anyone can give here, the more detail the better as I really don't know anything about unreal scripting. :p

P.S. I know that the Onslaught 2.0 mod has a weapon that essentially does what I'm trying to do (uses the avril though), but I cannot find anything on how they may have gone about doing it, plus the way they did it isn't quit to my liking, hence why I'm wanting to do this myself (though using it as a reference would be nice). Thank you again to all those who help.