Bugs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

deck

Jan 23, 2001
One more thing

For all those that dont enjoy me, take it to the field, Im available to take on any time.
Deck out

[SOB]sllm

May 27, 2001
IN YOUR BACK YARD
www.sobservers.com
well,
i am sorry deck i just tryed to find the m16 bug you are talking about on 2 dif. pc
pc 1- asus k7v athlon 600 256 mb ram voodoo 4 32 MB
pc 2-asus a7v thuderbird 900 256 mb ram gforse2 asus 7700 pure 32 mb ddr

and NO BUG.........

I AM NOT SAYING THAT THE BUG IS NOT THERE. I AM POINTING OUT IS I CAN NOT SEE IT SO I CAN NOT REPORT IT.

deck

Jan 23, 2001
Also I would like to add this

After reading these following threads, two things need to be said. I am extremely grateful for a free game, that has taken FPS to a new level. It ROX, no question about it. But ONE WEEK is way to short. I would like to submit my services or hell even SK to help test this if you would like more people. Most of use all have rigs that are pretty above par to say the least.

Also I will do what I can to give you the best descriptions possible of the bugs exactly as I see them. I left out the obvious ones, because Im sure that they were reported.

Anyway Cheers

Tzakol

Oct 18, 2000
The amount of testers is not an issue. It is the people that want to see a perfect product released at exacly the time that it was intended to be released.

NOW, we all know that programs are inherently buggy, even MAC OS has its bugs, as for PC WINdows, that is a completely different story, since a lot of the hardware configurations, as well as any "tweeks" or registry modifications *in windows*, can affect a systems behaviour.

Even MAC systems can be tweeked to a degree, I do believe.

As for adding people to test, more hands in the mix only confuses things.

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
If you added a group of people like you folk, SOB, then you could keep things organized. More testers does help I should point out as the problems that have arrisen apparently have spawned from the fact that you do not have enough computer variations (not your fault - no ones paying you for more and/or new rigs). So having more testers would theoretically increase yoru chances of finding any problems related to systems - assuming system related problems can be fixed from the Inf Teams side.

robrob

May 4, 2000
My .02

Next time post criticism in a constructive way, because your post was close to be closed ! -- DarkBls
You've got to be kidding !! Decks post was nowhere near grounds for thread closer. He was just frustatrated and as a member of the community has every right to speak his mind. Moderators police thyself

There are some problems here. The one thing that I think is getting overlooked is the fact that AS is supported on dedicated servers. This is huge. I think this is a wonderful thing for the team to have focused on.

AS is a huge leap for those of use who are looking for real teamplay.

Nice Work INF Team.

BTW A larger crossection of testers would not hurt. DaddyBone does a hell of a job over there but sounds a bit much for one crew to handle

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Quote:
<hr>
First FIRE your beta testers, they suck. I cant believe you released this

. This is the worst release yet as far as im concerend because the game flows like ****.
<hr>

Sorry but it sound too rude for me. The work wich INF team did doen't not worth to sound like that !

Yes he has the right to speak is mind, but it is better to report bug in a nice way !

I think the iNF team worth it ! They spent all their free time to release the 2.85.5 for us !

Social Distortion

From the shodows come my bullets *splat*
Apr 12, 2001
San Francisco CA
Visit site
Well I say and quote this "Bravo to INF team!, you all released a beta to the pressure of the crowd that was tested by your test team wonderfully."

second part is my rundown I love the sounds they are pretty realistic(to anyone who has seen combat), with your tweaks you will all provide later it will derfinetly hit head on. The only bug I would like fixed is the prone if possiable, now that is not a bitch request. Well again INF team thank you, asnd thanks to sob for testing. If this might be takein into consideration though, I think we can illiminate alot of this extra complaints, about beta testing questions. Here it is quite simply use two different test teams. I have not been in the community long enough to know another clan with a qualified reputation to test for you, but there must be one out there. Use SOB as senior clan and then use the other one as junior clan to do beta tests. You will then get two differnt opinions and with the clanns working together you will elliminate any possiable rightus complaints of beta testing. I didnt say eliminate complaints (there is complainers around every corner).

World $ocial Di$tortion

:Poop: :stupid:

Cholo Grande

May 29, 2001
www.buswerks.com
Ok Here's the thing

What should be done? I'd rather deal with the clipping bugs. They weren't THAT big of a deal compared to the performance problems. True, on some maps they could be used to win matches, but for the most part a side issue. If it came to the choice I choose playability over the fix.

The question I have, knowing not the first thing about programming in uscript or otherwise, is why is that the only choice? I still occasionaly play UT and when people crouch or are in a window they are visible. So when you say it's a UT thing that needs to be explained better I think. Or have I just never noticed people being invisible while playing UT?

As far as everything else in the patch? With the exception of the notworking leaning I like it. I like the guns, I like the sounds, and I love the encumberance. When i trimmed down my loadout I found I was alot better not using the nade launcher anyway. Good work overall, but the network issue is SERIOUS in my opinion, more serious than any other issue that was or is to be fixed.

BB_Izgard

I need to improve my aim.
Jul 23, 2000
Hey deck,
I also would expect that this software be tested alot better.

You can start expecting things when you start paying for this software. Right now, you should just smile and thank the team!

BTW, I love the latest release! Best ever!

Shag

Feb 9, 2001
I have to agree with cholo about the performance hit. I heard more cries of WHAT!!?? and BULL****!!!! than ever before in the last few days, as folks repeatedly found their previous skills nullified. Peeps are getting these huge ping spikes in cqb, skipping frames, all kinds of stuff. I was pretty frustrated too. When you unload a clip into a guy and he doesn't drop, its a bummer. I would prefer the clipping.

I think this patch would be more pleasing to those who don't play INF as obsessively as Deck and myself and cholo. The sounds totally rock and the new weapons are cool. But after playing a little while my thoughts were "Wow, and they tested this?"

Do you guys test on full servers? It seems thats where the worst of it is. It might not be a bad idea to spread the beta testing out a little. It makes one week of testing into two weeks having another clan involved.

Of course, it was still good enough to keep me playing nearly 24 hours straight. I think I need help, actually.

Much appreciation to all who work on the mod!

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
thanks shag

Thanks shag, for your enjoyment Muf servers will be going to 2.85.3. I also love the game and played completely ALL DAY long yesterday and that is what I'm basing my opinion on. If I wanted to play like I was on dialup I would do just that... dialup. It may just be my opinion but I believe .3 is much more stable and for those of you that haven't had the performance hit in cqb then more power to you. As for me the feedback I got from players online is that overall .5 is not the way to go.

Stiltman

May 29, 2001
Gahanna, OH USA
Visit site
Overall the new patch is interesting to say the least. I've experienced a few bugs, but they're not showstoppers so I ignore them and go on playing. I wasn't aware that the INF team was being pushed to release.5 onto the scene. For that, we as a community should be ashamed. There's no call for that type of behavior. Sure I want to play the latest version of INF as bad as anyone else, but I'm not pushing for it. I have noticed some performance degredation with the new patch, but my skills aren't the sharpest either. Playing INF is not my life, it is more of a passion. It's there for me after a long day at work, and I have my duties as a husband taken care of for the evening.

To the members of the INF team, thanks for taking the time to create a project that you all believe in. It shouldn't matter if the rest of us bitch inccesantly about it, take pride in the fact that you did something most of us would never try (myself included). Take some time off and get back with your loved ones for awhile. Real life does take precendance over silly video games anyway. Besides, INF ain't going to pay your lawyer bill when your wife wants a divorce. ;-)

nova_x

Apr 10, 2000
clanintrepid.cjb.net
deck's comments

deck's comments at the beginning of this post were just downright unacceptable.

deck... how much did you pay for this? 0$? i thought so.

many of the bugs are just machine specific that you mentioned... the m16, the scope and the sounds are all working bug free on my machine and many others as well.

the sounds maybe distracting but i think that's the whole point. if the team added a switch to turn those off, they might as well have not done any of the work to put in those sounds cause every half-competitive player would immediately switch them off.

sure some of the stuff the beta testers coul have caught better... but i'm sure they did catch them and to FIND a bug and to FIX a bug are two very different things.

-nova_x

Cholo Grande

May 29, 2001
www.buswerks.com
$0 ?

Uh SK has several servers up as does MUF. I don't consider myself having no investment in this game. If you'd like to see my bank statement I'll show what you call $0 looks like. Maybe YOU haven't invested any money in this mod but Deck and myself and many others like me have.

Maybe he was a little abrasive in his language to start a thread, but I can understand his frustration. It seems like every release has needed a patch to fix the patch to fix the patch, but as I would never take on a projext like this I can't criticize too much. I CAN however voice concerns over whether there should have been a release no matter how much people were bitching.

Deck is a big supporter in this community and you should take note of that before you trash everything he says.

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM

Yup! You don't have 5 - 2.85 servers and not have any money invested. Thats just MUF alone, SK has several too. I'm not here to bash the patch, I'm just here to try and get people to go back to 2.85.3 where there is some consistancy and allow the dev team to go back in and release a patch when they are ready, not when everyone says they need it done. I don't care if it takes a year, I would rather play 2.85.3 for that year than experience some of the lag issues I have come to despise.

Shag

Feb 9, 2001
Here is something else. Sometimes my weapon switches while I'm firing to the quick action weapon, just out of the blue, randomly. Halfway through an ak clip and BAM, I've got my knife in my hand.