Batman dies in the new movie. Your thoughts?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
most of these guys don't wear body armor.
shit's expensive.

there are exceptions to every rule of course.
I thought it was clear that I was speaking generally.

because generally speaking the guys who commit mass shootings aren't wearing anything more protective than sun glasses.
just realized, I said "mass shootings." this actually applies to most any armed crime. whether it's one guy holding up the 7/11 or 4 guys taking down a bank; the suspects are almost never wearing real bullet-proof armor. that stuff is still considerably more pricey than the guns and ammunition itself.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Yeah I don't think CCW would've helped in this case. I could be wrong, but a theater full of smoke and panicked people = a recipe for disaster. There's really not much that could've been done. Dude is a f*cking psycho, and that's all there is to it. It's sad but at least he was caught.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
that's true. Usually the nut job shoots themselves. This guy just gave himself up in the car park.
Apparently he was a model student up until a year ago when he became reclusive and became obsessed with the joker.

Very weird and interesting conspiracy theories posted previously about mind control.

You never know.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
mind control.
158175d1296267768-think-ive-figured-yous-out-signs_foil_hat-thumb-550x373-17996.jpg

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
The truth is that there is no real defense and your life is rather fragile. So stop coming up with "solutions" because there aren't any. A crazy person will find a way to kill people in any way he has available to him. Take away his guns and you'll see the nutjob turn to arson or worse.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
The truth is that there is no real defense and your life is rather fragile. So stop coming up with "solutions" because there aren't any. A crazy person will find a way to kill people in any way he has available to him. Take away his guns and you'll see the nutjob turn to arson or worse.

absolutely. Also educate your kids on right and wrong and try and spot any mental illnesses quickly.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Yeah I don't think CCW would've helped in this case. I could be wrong, but a theater full of smoke and panicked people = a recipe for disaster. There's really not much that could've been done.

That's where you make a common mistake. Yeah there will be chaos as there is in any situation like this but you also almost always see a group of non-sheep doing the right thing. There were people pulling others to safety, administering aid during the shooting, helping others out the doors. There are Todd Beamers all through society and it wouldn't bother me a bit if they were armed. People will very often step up to protect other people, even ones they don't know. Who knows what would have happened had someone else had a gun. This guy was clearly targeted by everyone as the bad guy. He might have backed out had someone returned real fire at him.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
Perhaps if they stopped making the Batman movies, we'd see less violence...?

The argument against gun controls seems odd when people counter with 'if they didn't have guns, they'd use machetes, or arson'. If we gave up guns, only the bad people would have them...

maybe the world needs less guns, less tolerance for guns, less violent games and movies?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
And news comes out today that three of the victims stepped in front of their wives/girlfriends or something and took bullets for them.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
Are you all aware that the nut-job was wearing body armor that would have stopped all but the most powerful handguns, and that any conceal carry hero would have more than likely ended up dead too?

"Stopped" is a strong word to use here. Kevlar isn't magic; a handgun round can still break ribs and drop somebody hard.

Extraneous period coming in 3... 2... 1...