Just bought UT3 Black and want to know some active clans that accept newcomers.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bryce

Mar 17, 2009
So, just bought UT3 Black, I hope that was the correct one as it was only $12. Anyways, I'm looking for an active clan/guild that doesn't mind newcomers and can help me get good at the game. I haven't played an FPS game since the original UT, so it's been a while.

Anyways, if anyone wants to chat sometime or invite me to a nice, mature clan for UT3, just add my Steam name, karbonize.

Thanks.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, you got the right one.

I'm not fully aware of the limited UT3 clan scene as I'm not in one myself. Perhaps others around here that are in a clan will be able to point you in the right direction. You might start by joining us at FragBU each weekend (check the sticky-threads at the top of this forum each week) to get some practice and sharpen your skills.

I know there is at least one IRC pickup game channel for UT3 - maybe someone will have the details?

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Yeah, you got the right one.

I'm not fully aware of the limited UT3 clan scene as I'm not in one myself. Perhaps others around here that are in a clan will be able to point you in the right direction. You might start by joining us at FragBU each weekend (check the sticky-threads at the top of this forum each week) to get some practice and sharpen your skills.

I know there is at least one IRC pickup game channel for UT3 - maybe someone will have the details?
Well, ugl is looking to start up some tdm and ctf again. They keep bugging me to put Ci on there. :p

Listen to hal, play at FragBU for a few weeks, stats aren't recorded if that's something you don't care about and there's skill sets of every kind there. You'll learn quickly if you stick to it.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Why do people want to join clans anyway? I can understand clans for RPGs where you can actually benefit from your team members, but a FPS? I don't quite see any purpose here, especially when all of your clan can't choose to join one side.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Yes, what? You can't always play on the same side as your clan mates in team games? I play Duel and Deathmatch most of the time, but a disadvantage like that makes team games more or less pointless. Clanners taking on other clans is what really makes the game fun to play together and even more entertaining to watch.

dirtyharry

Jun 11, 2008
Massachusetts
Why do people want to join clans anyway? I can understand clans for RPGs where you can actually benefit from your team members, but a FPS? I don't quite see any purpose here, especially when all of your clan can't choose to join one side.

While a "clan" is not needed to play, it is a way for people with the same interest in gameplay to meet and enjoy the game together.

At the Sniper Inn, we all enjoy playing the game for fun and enjoying the company of like players. Yes, some are much better than others, but on many public servers people get quite rude and are intent on ruining a good time for all, I guess you could say if you meet a good group of people to play with, why not get together on a regular basis to play together.