Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > General Infiltration Discussion

Old 31st Jul 2001, 02:49 PM   #21
CrappyChan
Come on snow!

HEYYYYYY!!!

I solved my INF online problem! If I load up starcraft and enter game, then shutdown Starcraft, I can play INF perfectly. I don't lag at all as long as i boot up Starcraft. It really weird but i was testing it all night, but it really works. Might not work for anyone else, but in happy.

Signature by Dakin
CrappyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2001, 03:01 PM   #22
-=WeeD=-Ramon
the always cool badass agent

Lol @ CrappyChan

your sollutions r00le the world

"Aquinas already talked about the mithycal city on the hill. Soon, this city will be a reality, and we will be crowned it kings... or better than kings... GODS!" - go and buy Deus Ex, you f00!
-=WeeD=-Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2001, 03:03 PM   #23
striderteen

Location: Caltech, Pasadena, California, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Quote:
Originally posted by /=-
I will get DSL if you care to pay the extra $50 a month for me. Otherwise STFU not everyone is a rich b@sterd like you and can afford DSL without giving it another thought.
I am not rich, and I actually don't have DSL myself. I meant more from a technical perspective than anything else -- the technology can give you as much as 6MBPS on a standard phone line.
striderteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2001, 04:06 PM   #24
Overon

You cannot have 600% packet loss. You see 100% means total packet loss, all the packets are lost. 600% means 6 times the whole. Which makes no sense.

Yes you can lead your target but it's not as easy if they are moving left to right and as you lead them when they are going left and then they move right you have to lead them right and then they go left and by that time they saw you and killed you.
Overon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2001, 05:23 PM   #25
-=WeeD=-Ramon

last night in gamblexx i had a weird bug, its was like if i was attached to a elastic rope, i walked 2 metters and suddenly go back, and couldnt do anything else. so i looked F6. ping 256 PL 589% so yes, u can get that

"Aquinas already talked about the mithycal city on the hill. Soon, this city will be a reality, and we will be crowned it kings... or better than kings... GODS!" - go and buy Deus Ex, you f00!
Old 31st Jul 2001, 05:42 PM   #26
[H]-Piezo
[H]ard enough?

Where's LAW at?

He always plays with a ping in the 300-500 range and does really well.

Not that he has ever killed me....and that when he killed me I got embarased because I was on DSL.
"There is a theory that states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
-Douglas Adams

[H]-Piezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2001, 06:04 PM   #27
Kuroshio Apocal
Sucka Free

Location: An area the size of a small apartment with 160 other men.
LoTekK: you might want to try to find an Australian server to play on. Or else, like everyone said, packetloss will eat you alive.
"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"
-President John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Kuroshio Apocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2001, 09:32 PM   #28
LoTekK
Peon

eh? why australian?
thepinklamb: lmao
st0rmcaller: but then, I may wind up getting some. the kind of some no man wants
st0rmcaller: I shoulda moved to Nevada, not Vriginia. Nevada has whores.
st0rmcaller: Virginia is for lovers, but **** me if that means all the chicks are taken.
st0rmcaller: <---****ed.
---
st0rmcaller: If female, and under the age of 90, she's a ****in winner
thepinklamb: lol
st0rmcaller: Hey, I got to have SOME standards
st0rmcaller: mebbe 85
LoTekK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2001, 09:40 PM   #29
<P^R>Imperial
Bleh

Quote:
Originally posted by -=WeeD=-Ramon
last night in gamblexx i had a weird bug, its was like if i was attached to a elastic rope, i walked 2 metters and suddenly go back, and couldnt do anything else. so i looked F6. ping 256 PL 589% so yes, u can get that
Lemme guess were you playing Kazakastan? That happens a lot to me in that map at the begining of a match.
Old 31st Jul 2001, 09:42 PM   #30
St0rmcaller
[AFA]'s unoffical godfather

LotekK, either try the troubleshooting section, or ask Hub. He started with similar issues. With this thread in the general section, people will tend to talk about 56k modems and other stuff, but not too likely to get help.

AFA Message Board
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin
-To believe in the life of Love, to walk in the way of Honor, and to serve in the light of Truth...
-When the soldier gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting, sir. I've served my time in Hell."
St0rmcaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2001, 10:11 PM   #31
Kuroshio Apocal
Sucka Free

Location: An area the size of a small apartment with 160 other men.
I second what storm said.

But Australian servers because you are in Singapore. Unless there is a Singaporean server I haven't heard about, Aussieland is your best bet for a nearby server.

EDIT: Godammit, I feel stupid now. I just realized you are from Singapre but in D.C. I should slap myself for stupidity.

Ouch. That hurt.
"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"
-President John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Kuroshio Apocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2001, 11:28 PM   #32
LordKhaine
I sing the body electric...

Quote:
Originally posted by /=-

Lemme guess were you playing Kazakastan? That happens a lot to me in that map at the begining of a match.
Its not map specific, its a server issue. I've seen it many a time in UT. Its weird, and normally makes the server unplayable.

Oh, and the weirdest thing is when it happens when your in mid air. You just hang in the air matrix style

All your hidden faces, Your seven veils unfold. Give me forbidden places, All your tales untold.
Give me ever and always, Ever and always, Body and soul

Last edited by LordKhaine; 31st Jul 2001 at 11:45 PM.
LordKhaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2001, 12:07 AM   #33
LifesBane[4C]

Hehe...speaking of weird ploss readings, I literally got one of 984 or something around there once, for a brief second. And, when I first joined a server, stat net showed my ping as -32767 or something

"Your an LPB, your opinion on how a 56K plays today means nothing. "

Um...sure it does. I didn't >only< play Unreal 1 with my 56k...I played UT too...didn't have much trouble with it.
Also, I've played on many foreign servers where my ping is as high as a 56kers ping...and I usually play about the same once I remember to start compensating
LifesBane[4C] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2001, 02:16 AM   #34
LoTekK
Peon

kuroshio: yeah, i was wondering if that's what you were thinking, but i figured i'd give you the benefit of the doubt...

stormcaller: thanks, i'll mess around on the servers a bit more as well...
thepinklamb: lmao
st0rmcaller: but then, I may wind up getting some. the kind of some no man wants
st0rmcaller: I shoulda moved to Nevada, not Vriginia. Nevada has whores.
st0rmcaller: Virginia is for lovers, but **** me if that means all the chicks are taken.
st0rmcaller: <---****ed.
---
st0rmcaller: If female, and under the age of 90, she's a ****in winner
thepinklamb: lol
st0rmcaller: Hey, I got to have SOME standards
st0rmcaller: mebbe 85
LoTekK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2001, 03:47 AM   #35
-=WeeD=-Ramon

Quote:
Its not map specific, its a server issue
you have reason, it sometimes happens to me in larger maps, but is much noticeable in smallers ones (siberia is a pain oof titanics size into my a$$...) so, i think is just a problem of mine. im going to upgrade my comp, when i get money for work or maybe ill do like with the Gforce3, ill steal a new computer from somewhere

Old 2nd Aug 2001, 05:57 PM   #36
LordKhaine
I sing the body electric...

Its not your machine, when the weird rubber band type effect kicks in it effects everyone on the server at the same time. At least thats how it works in UT, I would guess its the same bug in INF, it sure feels like it is.

All your hidden faces, Your seven veils unfold. Give me forbidden places, All your tales untold.
Give me ever and always, Ever and always, Body and soul
LordKhaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2001, 12:22 PM   #37
Hannibal1
Forever sig-less

I play on a US Robotics 56k internal with AOL as my ISP(don't hit me for admiting that) and while the delay between tapping the mouse button and actually firing is at least a second, I can still play reasonably well(anyone want to back me up on that?). Not many have it worse than me(I've had lag spikes as high as 50,000) and still I find playing Inf online to be a fun diversion.
Hannibal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2001, 09:35 PM   #38
CrappyChan
Come on snow!

yeah i used to have AOL. (emphasis on USED TO) I can play fine now. i have a .8 - 1.2 second lag time but in getting used to dealing with it, shot earily.

Signature by Dakin
CrappyChan is offline   Reply With Quote