Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > Troubleshooting

Old 27th Apr 2000, 11:07 PM   #1
hunchback

Reloading and grenades

1. Most of the time in-game, when you pick a new, fully-loaded weapon, you'll still be able to reload once. This isn't a big deal, since it doesn't break anything, and I assume that the reloading stuff is going to be changed soon anyway so that reloading will actually switch magazines instead of magically adding bullets into the current magazine. As such, I'm just pointing this out in case you guys weren't aware of it.

2. If you get killed during the (too lengthy, in my opinion) grenade-throwing animation after you've already pulled the pin, the grenade should still go off. Right now, it only gets dropped as inventory.

Other than those minor gripes (and the brief pause when looking through a scope or dying), everything in 2.75 is great, and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for 2.8. Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
hunchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2000, 10:22 AM   #2
INF_Neo
Infiltration Sound Engineer

Re: Reloading and grenades

1. not a bug! You can load an additional round into the chamber. (My bad English doesn't allow a better answer)

2. That's currently being worked on. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
INF_Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2000, 02:47 PM   #3
hunchback

1. I thought I was able to do it in-game with SMGs as well, though (the armory page says that you wil only be able to load an extra round into handguns and shotguns). But with all of the weapons getting replaced with new models for 2.8, this kind of stuff will probably get tweaked as well.

2. Cool! It's a lot of fun to pull the pin on a grenade and run menacingly towards a large group of enemy bots (especially with the chain reactions afterwards as everyone's dropped ammo starts exploding). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

One other question: What's the deal with the radar? I couldn't find anything about it on the roadmap. Is it going to be removed in 2.8 or just modified to only show teammates' locations?
hunchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2000, 03:27 PM   #4
MrLaggy

On the subject of dropped grenades, I haven't played 2.75 enough to be sure if it still happens, but in 2.71 bots had a marked tendency to drop grenades when killed which stayed there forever rather than vanish with their other dropped weapons after a few seconds. The end result in a game with lots of bots was that you'd end up with dozens of grenades littering some parts of the map.

This was, I believe, with 'drop weapons' on, 'drop items' off, and 'destructable ammo' off.
MrLaggy is offline   Reply With Quote