News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Original Unreal Tournament

Old 16th Jan 2011, 01:20 PM   #241
DeusIX
Engineer

The character select screen and character models are very nice on PS2, I wish the same could be said about the framerate.
Old 16th Jan 2011, 01:59 PM   #242
UBerserker
old EPIC GAMES

The characters use all Skeletal models in the PS2 version (not the DreamCast one). Skaarj Hybrids looked awesome, especially their exclusive boss (Dominator).
[09:52:48] <Specineff> Area man gains z axis, becomes volume man, won't stop yelling
UBerserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2011, 11:37 PM   #243
GF-REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBerserker View Post
Also, yeah, there's no talkbox, and no taunt system at all.
Yeah, there wasn't a system for using the taunts, but you could get around that. You just needed a keyboard and had to know the bind command to manually bind them. (Example: set input F speech 2 11) I remember having to manually type in my binds at the start of matches.

I actually did enjoy the HUD on the Dreamcast version. I just always preferred health bars to numbers
Old 9th Feb 2011, 11:33 PM   #244
2_SeeK_U
uni.... meh...

Could it be possible that the .DAT files on the dreamcast are a combination of the unr and utx (possible uax) files? The added difference, could be that the dreamcast used a texture format known as PVR which was a lossless image format (evident when comparing all the .PVR files on the UT Dreamcast cd, as they are all the same size).

2_SeeK_U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2011, 08:16 PM   #245
TheIronKnuckle
What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

Did we ever get a version of sepulchre? and what happened to wander?
< and this guy is a console n00b, enjoying his "Designed for PS360" copy of UT3. He lives in pure bliss
TheIronKnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 03:28 AM   #246
Delacroix
Successor of Almarion

Wander's services (or anyone else's) are no longer required. A public alpha of FCBP, Milestone 6 is approaching, with all the console maps included. Originals, not ports.
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 03:55 AM   #247
TheIronKnuckle

holy **** since when how did they get extracted omgomgomgomg

is that the dreamcast maps AND the PS2 maps? dowant.
< and this guy is a console n00b, enjoying his "Designed for PS360" copy of UT3. He lives in pure bliss
Old 4th Jul 2011, 12:14 AM   #248
Hermskii
www.Hermskii.com

I have read about the last 5 pages of this topic and I'm curious as to whether at some point there will be links to the finished collection of Dreamcast maps and the other PS2 versions? I see a few downloads for a few DM and CTF maps but that is it so far based on the last few pages. Sorta late for me but I'll check now and hope the first post of this topic has been edited to reflect not only the original post but and update in regards to the first post within it. Crosses fingers!
Hermskii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 05:15 AM   #249
TheIronKnuckle

Bumping. Would love to have an update on this
Old 19th Aug 2012, 10:23 AM   #250
SkaarjMaster
enemy of time

Lightbulb

Wait, I thought I posted something in this thread yesterday; ok, maybe not....anyway.

Probably not any updates. I just downloaded the consolebonuspack thing and searched for downloads of the other maps either already posted in this thread or online (but it's been a while since I tried). Good Luck!

Insite Reviews: right here in the web archive
SkaarjMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 03:30 AM   #251
DeusIX
Engineer

I made few videos of the PS2 exclusive maps. I plan to do similar walkabouts on every (exclusive) map, even those DC versions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_5w2...gDONPM8NIfTc8F

Some of these are indeed in the 'console pack', but now we have some actual feed on the maps.
Old 7th Feb 2013, 06:38 AM   #252
Leo(T.C.K.)

A while ago I received all the PS2 exclusive maps in their original format (more like, we), untouched. Not the DC maps though, but still. And two maps that were cut from PS2 as well and no I don't mean the davidm stuff that he didn't submit until the deadline.
Are you interested in them?

Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.); 7th Feb 2013 at 02:20 PM.
Leo(T.C.K.) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 06:54 AM   #253
DeusIX
Engineer

Interested, yes, very.
I try to get all of the official & semi-official stuff into my UT install.
Old 7th Feb 2013, 09:13 AM   #254
Leo(T.C.K.)

I'm not sure if a certain someone agrees with me posting it like this, but here it is originalPS2maps.rar
Some of the maps I included that differed from normal maps in filesize, although not sure about cityintro, that one might diff just because it's non goty and I never played the non goty version.
Some maps had to be hexedited/etc like the Niven, because it included references to the unreali/unrealshare classes which were for some reason in that version in botpack and also replaced the unreal weps with the ut variants there, but I believe it wa just niven like this.
You might rename the other maps to not conflict with the remake maps made by warmaster etc, because they are great maps on their own and he had to do it by hand, also one of the exclusive PS2 maps is missing not sure why i didn't have it with this, the Sundial ctf map.
Old 7th Feb 2013, 01:11 PM   #255
SkaarjMaster
enemy of time

Thumbs up cool

A few questions:
1. So, the Niven in this pack is the one you edited so it will work fine now?

2. As far as renaming, do you have to do that in the editor and resave or just rename the unr file? Obviously, I have now revealed that I am not a mapper, just in case anyone had any doubt.

Yes, it looks like CTF-Sundial is missing and 5 others (probably DC maps though). The 3 DOM maps do have their DM counterparts now or maybe they already were released, but whatever (wonder what it would take to convert the DMs to DOMs?).....so here are the missing maps (assuming all the ones in that link work that is, anyone test them yet for sure?):

CTF-Sundial
DM-Megaplex
DM-StationControl
DOM-Coagulate
DOM-Hood
DOM-Osiris

Thanks for the link. I'll try and test these out this month, but don't let that stop anyone else from trying them.

Insite Reviews: right here in the web archive
SkaarjMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2013, 01:34 PM   #256
Leo(T.C.K.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
A few questions:
1. So, the Niven in this pack is the one you edited so it will work fine now?

2. As far as renaming, do you have to do that in the editor and resave or just rename the unr file? Obviously, I have now revealed that I am not a mapper, just in case anyone had any doubt.

Yes, it looks like CTF-Sundial is missing and 5 others (probably DC maps though). The 3 DOM maps do have their DM counterparts now or maybe they already were released, but whatever (wonder what it would take to convert the DMs to DOMs?).....so here are the missing maps (assuming all the ones in that link work that is, anyone test them yet for sure?):

CTF-Sundial
DM-Megaplex
DM-StationControl
DOM-Coagulate
DOM-Hood
DOM-Osiris

Thanks for the link. I'll try and test these out this month, but don't let that stop anyone else from trying them.
The DOM maps are there, if you open DM-Osiris under domination, there are even domination points present. I believe they made these maps for both gametypes and just switched them around for the console versions, not even needing to rename them, because you don't see actual filenames in ps2.
Renaming i meant just renaming he filename, because it could conflict with existing maps.
Yes the Niven is the one I edited. It has very little differences to retail so it might not have been worth the trouble doing it etc, but still..
Old 7th Feb 2013, 01:57 PM   #257
Leo(T.C.K.)

Or not, not DM-Osiris, doesn't have domination points atm. But I know some of these maps were both ways, weird. Might have been also the one on the DC disc that someone released before, that was still in the .unr format. DOM_HOOD_DC was it.

The DM-Hood from this definitely has Domimation points as well, even though the name is DM-Hood the default gametype is DOM.
EDIT2: DM-Coagulate has domination points as well if you open it under domination, so those are settled, only Osiris doesn't have them but they can be easily readded.

Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.); 7th Feb 2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 7th Feb 2013, 02:52 PM   #258
DeusIX
Engineer

I've made videos of the following DC maps (not uploaded yet).
DM-Underlord
DM-Singularity
DM-Babylon
DM-StationControl

I also tested the maps and they are awesome! Item placement is a bit off at some of them and DM-sorayama is missing the bottom floor! But most are (near) perfect, DM-Loathing for one.

(while testing, I stumbled on my own Rune & Deus Ex map conversions )
Old 7th Feb 2013, 03:16 PM   #259
Leo(T.C.K.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusIX View Post
I've made videos of the following DC maps (not uploaded yet).
DM-Underlord
DM-Singularity
DM-Babylon
DM-StationControl

I also tested the maps and they are awesome! Item placement is a bit off at some of them and DM-sorayama is missing the bottom floor! But most are (near) perfect, DM-Loathing for one.

(while testing, I stumbled on my own Rune & Deus Ex map conversions )
The maps are completely unchanged from originals, it might be that the DC version of sorayama is different etc or a beta, but otherwise those maps are not conversions. You can even see the map authors are the original ones from Epic.
Old 7th Feb 2013, 03:41 PM   #260
DeusIX
Engineer

hmm... interesting, well there are some oddities:

This is from DM-Sorayama (PS2): http://youtu.be/2LQDIBMZD4c?t=1m6s
See the hole (~1m 6sec). In the version that you provided there is no hole to the bottom floor, but a flak cannon. also, there's no author credit/preview picture, but a black screen.
DC version also has the hole.

DM-Babylon (only on DC) is also different. While the geometry/textures are perfect there are atleast four health vials missing next to the central column.

Tags
awsomeness revived, champions and legends, console maps, dreamcast maps, master at work, ps2 maps