News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th Aug 2012, 10:35 AM   #21
[GU]elmur_fud
I have balls of Depleted Uranium
 
[GU]elmur_fud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 15th, 2005
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 2,940
The accusations aren't overblown. His hyperbole about them however is.

But that it is completely irrelevant too Telsa and his deserving a museum here in the US which has been my point all along...
__________________
In the original unity of the first things lies the secondary cause of all things, with the germ of their inevitable annihilation. ~ Edgar Allan Poe
[GU]elmur_fud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 10:54 AM   #22
ambershee
Nimbusfish Rawks
 
ambershee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 18th, 2006
Location: Nomad
Posts: 4,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks:SmirkingRevenge View Post
I just think the accusations against Edison are overblown.
They're not overblown. The guy was purely profit driven and had no interest in striking up fair deals with his partners if he thought he could exploit and / or ruin them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00naY View Post
Please send a platypus to Bite_Me. I think it could give some flare to his porno.
ambershee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 04:58 PM   #23
dragonfliet
I write stuffs
 
dragonfliet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 24th, 2006
Posts: 3,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks:SmirkingRevenge View Post
lemme elaborate slightly.
the only point I ever tried to make here was that it's pretty silly for the guy who is sponsoring this fundraiser to make almost HALF his argument by crapping all over Edison. surely he could have made his case for Tesla's importance by sticking to Tesla. surely??
I don't see how the Edison assassination is necessary when there's so much to say about Nikola alone. clearly his individual achievements and brilliance far outweigh Edison's.
trying to persuade people of how incredible Tesla was should easily be accomplished with Tesla's merits on their own.

it just struck me as odd that this guy had to work in this huge angle about how horrible he believes Edison was and how the dictionary should have his picture next to "douchebag."
I mean really? really?? I think it's safe to say that if anyone's picture should be next to "douchebag" in the dictionary, it should be like... Hitler's. ok? ok.



it's like, calm down bro.
Wait, your point was that it is silly for a guy who draws COMPLETELY ABSURD COMICS to advocate for something that he likes? I mean, this isn't part of the museum foundation, it's a web comic that is saying, hey, remember that hilarious comic I drew about how giant a dick Edison was? Here is a chance for people to learn about Tesla, you should sponsor it.

Let me reiterate. You got annoyed at this call for a museum to honor one of the smartest inventors in American History because one of the links to a donation run is through a webcomic, and the webcomic wasn't fair?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Prophet View Post

WW1 I think it was more like "Hey allies! We'll lend you a hand" and Europe was like, "Pfff, whatever. Okay, like stand over there and do stuff", and America was all like, "Oh really!? You mean it! Oh Boy!", and after awhile the European allies were like, "Hey they're actually not bad. Fair play to the Yanks" and the French Allies were like, "Oh wee wee, they held their own", and the Americans were like, "Hey, what did you say France?" and France was all like, "Nothing. Go **** yourself."
dragonfliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 12:47 AM   #24
Jacks:Revenge
╠╣E╚╚O
 
Jacks:Revenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 18th, 2006
Location: somewhere; sometime?
Posts: 9,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfliet View Post
it's a web comic
is it?
that's news to me.

I had to assume this was all just part of his campaign.
you can't expect me to be familiar with every satirical blogger on the internet....
__________________
"Aut inveniam viam aut faciam."
Jacks:Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 01:00 AM   #25
dragonfliet
I write stuffs
 
dragonfliet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 24th, 2006
Posts: 3,721
Seriously, you haven't heard of The Oatmeal? You didn't, I don't know. Think. Hmm, The Oatmeal. That is a strange site name for a Tesla advocacy site. It also seems semi reminiscent of something involving a ridiculous lawsuit that was blown out of all proportions by crazy lawyers + the internet. It is also ridiculously popular and pretty damned hilarious. Or the fact that the very top of the page you were sent to, in addition to BEING A COMIC, had only a few buttons, one of which was...comics. I mean, you can't be expected to just KNOW every comic on the internet, but when you're linked to one of the more popular ones, and when it's also recently been in the news and when you're attacking something, you would think that you could at least bother to use basic critical reasoning? Look at the site a little? Notice format? Nothing? You HAD to assume it was part of the campaign for the Tesla museum? Either you are the biggest idiot this side of mars, or you are such a douche that you think everyone else is.

Obviously I am engaging in a little light hyperbole, but SERIOUSLY jacks? You can't ****ing read a website? Not even a little?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Prophet View Post

WW1 I think it was more like "Hey allies! We'll lend you a hand" and Europe was like, "Pfff, whatever. Okay, like stand over there and do stuff", and America was all like, "Oh really!? You mean it! Oh Boy!", and after awhile the European allies were like, "Hey they're actually not bad. Fair play to the Yanks" and the French Allies were like, "Oh wee wee, they held their own", and the Americans were like, "Hey, what did you say France?" and France was all like, "Nothing. Go **** yourself."
dragonfliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 03:28 AM   #26
Jacks:Revenge
╠╣E╚╚O
 
Jacks:Revenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 18th, 2006
Location: somewhere; sometime?
Posts: 9,634
lol... calm down J.
I don't spend a lot of time on the internet and I didn't spend much time on the page.

opened the link, started reading, read the stuff about Edison, closed the link, wrote my initial reply.
so I never heard of the Oatmeal. sue me.
Jacks:Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 06:28 AM   #27
[GU]elmur_fud
I have balls of Depleted Uranium
 
[GU]elmur_fud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 15th, 2005
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 2,940
To be perfectly fair I was not familiar with The Oatmeal either.

I did however do my research.... Because it was an odd way to pitch a charity in the least... and from what I saw he's not really that funny. Just spins reality in a droll and semi-ironic fashion put to a cartoon strip with silly looking art.
__________________
In the original unity of the first things lies the secondary cause of all things, with the germ of their inevitable annihilation. ~ Edgar Allan Poe
[GU]elmur_fud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 11:04 AM   #28
Mister_Prophet
.
 
Mister_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 3rd, 2001
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,594
Mister_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 09:00 PM   #29
SkaarjMaster
enemy of time
 
SkaarjMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep. 1st, 2000
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,692
Thanks Mister_Prophet, that was great!
__________________

Insite Reviews: right here in the web archive
SkaarjMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2012, 10:31 AM   #30
[GU]elmur_fud
I have balls of Depleted Uranium
 
[GU]elmur_fud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 15th, 2005
Location: Waco, Texas
Posts: 2,940
Somewhat inaccurate but also somewhat amusing. "Electric Jesus" ... he died for our sins

Man that is a bad joke. I apologize. Really... Truly... I am very sorry for that. Why don't you guys believe me?
__________________
In the original unity of the first things lies the secondary cause of all things, with the germ of their inevitable annihilation. ~ Edgar Allan Poe
[GU]elmur_fud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
at least we're not arguing about religion, nikola tesla, you're a douche ~jason

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer