Romney taps Paul Ryan as VP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Live blog: Mitt Romney's V.P. announcement

So, Mitt Romney announced today that his running mate will be Rep Paul Ryan from Wisconsin.

Also: [lolitics] Veepstakes

From yesterday's primaries, the Republican primary is essentially over (contrary to what Santorum and Gingrich are saying), and Romney will switch gears to the general election. Which begs the question: Who will he pick as the running mate?

I left out a poll here because the list of potential folks he will choose from is extensive, and my thoughts may not (read: will) be different than your thoughts.

My guess will be Paul Ryan, known for his widely-supported budget(s) within the GOP. He has endorsed Romney, and has attended many of his rallies. Of all endorsers, he would be the most potent choice for VP.

I would have said Marco Rubio, a rising star in the GOP, but he ruled it out. Also Chris Christie would be on the list, but he enjoys being governor of New Jersey too much to give it up.

I was right! Months in advance! :eek:

Edit: I forgot the [lolitics] tag. Oh well. :(

Last edited:

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Romney introduced the guy as, "The Next President of the United States."

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wait wait wait, you mean he uses his left hand for everything? :p

I'm an ambidextrous person myself. You righties and lefties can go suck it.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Romney is a lunatic. Have you seen how he's insulted some officials in Russia ? This guy is just another warmonger.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
I'm still laughing... This guy won't help them appeal to moderates.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Romney is a lunatic. Have you seen how he's insulted some officials in Russia ? This guy is just another warmonger.

Not to mention how he insulted the Palestinians by alluding that their culture is somehow 'inferior' to places such as Israel. If he becomes president the peace process between the two will regress, there is no doubt about it.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I like Obama because we've had 4 years of nothing really happening aside from a lot of talk and all of our problems are slowly disappearing. We need 4 more years of that.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I was going to post something, but I'd rather not interrupt your echo chamber.
6a00d8341bfd9e53ef0167671addc9970b-640wi