News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Development > Mapping

Old 10th Aug 2012, 08:27 AM   #1
Shark999

Prerequisites to release a map ?

Hello !

I've been working on a Killing Floor map for months and now it is THE moment, where I am 99% ready to release it !

But first, I sent the map to some friends so that they could do some "beta testing" for me, and they told me they couldn't launch the map properly, because of some missing files.

I noticed that I had to send an .ucl file of the map, but also an .int file of it, but I just found the .ucl.

How am I supposed to create that .int ?

Another important question : When releasing a map, what are the important files to send to make it work properly ?

Thanks.
Shark999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2012, 09:34 AM   #2
Wail of Suicide

.int files are just text files with the .int extension.

I don't know exactly how to automatically generate these files from KF / UnrealEd. Ultimately, if your copy of KF is able to run the map (from the game executable) then those files are not necessary for others to run the map either.

However it's entirely possible you've got other dependencies that other clients don't have (e.g. unique Textures / Static Meshes / etc.).

If you *really* need an .int file, try opening up an existing map's .int file and look in there. Basically all it has is information on the music, the map description, and text messages displayed for use triggers.
Old 12th Aug 2012, 11:14 AM   #3
Shark999

I got to make new textures and meshes for this map, I guess I have to put the textures and static meshes files with the map ?
Shark999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Sep 2012, 10:34 AM   #4
DrStyropore

I had some similar problems.Basically when I make a map and give it somebody,it wouldn't work for some reason.After some time,I found a cause of this. Hypothetically,every time I opened some texture pack,it was kind of "remembered" somewhere by some file.Even if I never used a texture from that certain pack in the map,even if I just viewed it,the map in game later asks for that pack.So I learned this: Every file you open during mapping process has to be included later in your final release,no matter you used content in it or not..So when I work on a map,I prepare all content needed,and don't touch other files.Just ones I examined and seen that it contains all I need for my map.So the answer to the first post would be ... all files you opened during mapping needs to be included (no matter if you just viewed them and didn't used them)..

Quote:
I got to make new textures and meshes for this map, I guess I have to put the textures and static meshes files with the map ?
Yes,you have to,if you used them,and if you viewed them,and especially if that files are some custom other ones than the ones that came with the game itself.Custom stuf must be included for map to work on other people's computers.That's a standard.
DrStyropore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Sep 2012, 03:11 PM   #5
gopostal

http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4058

That'll help ya.
gopostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Sep 2012, 09:45 PM   #6
Skillz
ut-files.com

Killing Floor is pretty awesome. Are you releasing it for the actual game or the UT2k4 modification?