|7th May 2008, 07:22 AM||#1|
Here is my first UT3 map!
Compatibility: PC v1.2
Description: Robot outpost orbiting neptune.
Comments: Feedback is always appreciated.
Although its VCTF, its kind of like DM / CTF with a hoverboard because there is only one constant vehicle (scorpion) and the other vehicles appear at certain strategic points during the game.
All made with totally custom meshes, textures, music* etc..
I've worked extensively with kismet to create a fairly unique gameplay, some different things added are :
- Gravity is disabled in base when the flag is taken
- When the flag carrier dies, they drop a random bonus power-up
- Vehicles and Deployables appear based on who is winning / losing
- "Flag Camera" follows enemy flag carrier, showing real-time footage on a holographic projector screen in your base ** (removed for performance reasons)
- heaps more, play to find out! (lots of little secrets here and there)
(renamed map to vctf-TritonArena)
Last edited by sneh; 23rd May 2008 at 05:54 AM.
|7th May 2008, 09:19 PM||#3|
Sweet map! Neat to play, makes for some fun flag runs.
I love the laser grid thing btw.
I like UT3. And rainbows. And jelly beans.
You should too.
|8th May 2008, 09:42 PM||#4|
Thanks, I added the lasers in at the last minute.
I could have made them trigger a little more often maybe, but there's plenty else going on at the same time i guess.