News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 09:12 PM   #21
funkblast
 
funkblast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug. 4th, 2001
Location: California
Posts: 1,127
__________________
funkblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 09:36 PM   #22
Capt.Toilet
Good news everyone!
 
Capt.Toilet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 16th, 2004
Location: Ottawa, KS
Posts: 5,827
2 of the most hated states... California and Texas

Texas is the asshole of the states because well, they are assholes

California is the vagina of the states because they are used to getting ****ed all the time.
__________________
Capt.Toilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 10:11 PM   #23
theabyss
No One Here Gets Out Alive
 
theabyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec. 3rd, 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks:SmirkingRevenge View Post
guys it's ok.

just remember; Houston is in Texas.


I haven't eaten in about a week
I'm so hungry when I walk I squeak
Nobody calls me friend
It's sad the shape I'm in
Goin' back to Houston, Houston, Houston
theabyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 11:31 PM   #24
Hermskii
www.Hermskii.com
 
Hermskii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 13th, 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 852
So you got nothing. My nephew is pointing out to me that when libs have no comeback they say stupid crap. I already knew that too! Keep up the "nothing to say" folks. You're doing great!

I'm enjoying this video right now. I especially liked the majority of the comments. Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vT71MR1b5Y

Last edited by Hermskii; 3rd Jul 2012 at 11:40 PM.
Hermskii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 11:58 PM   #25
Vaskadar
It's time I look back from outer space
 
Vaskadar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 12th, 2008
Location: and face the mirror I still have to face
Posts: 2,515
Nah, there was nothing worth responding to, because you're clearly a puppet of the propaganda machine. First off, you use labels to categorize people into large groups. Second, you demonize them and completely ignore anything that people have to say, thirdly, you don't see sarcasm when it pops up.

Plus, this is a gaming forum. Give it a rest already. Go to USA Politics.org or something if you want to debate.

This will be my last post in this awful thread.

Last edited by Vaskadar; 4th Jul 2012 at 12:01 AM.
Vaskadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2012, 12:43 AM   #26
cryptophreak
unbalanced
 
cryptophreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 2nd, 2011
Posts: 873
Let me use Fox News to demonstrate that Hermskii is an idiot. (And frankly, many of you are functionally the same as him.)

cryptophreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2012, 09:57 AM   #27
Hermskii
www.Hermskii.com
 
Hermskii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 13th, 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 852
Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptophreak View Post
Let me use Fox News to demonstrate that Hermskii is an idiot. (And frankly, many of you are functionally the same as him.)

I'm shocked Crypto. I expect you to try to assault me at every turn but to point a finger at "many" others here too. Really? Are you drunk again? Are you really Plumb maybe?

I think that video of Judge Napolitano is a fine work. It is a real eye opener. I already mentioned about how that video pushed me further away from the republican ranks than any I had seen before. The republicans had their chance to fix everything and they blew it badly. Now it's the democrats turn but they are cramming their agenda down our throats. I'm starting to think Ron Paul has a lot more things right that I originally thought.

@Vaskadar: So because I have a strong opinion that you don't share I have been fooled and hypnotized by the right wing? Whatever. I think it is more that I feel I can take care of myself and that others should take care of them selves. I'll do everything possible to even the playing field. I think everyone has or should have a fair shot to achieve anything they want to.

It's sort of like this: I don't think that because someone else decides they want to go to the local park and feed the ducks that I should have to also. I think they should be able to feed the ducks all they want and I should be able to stay at home and watch the game all I want. I hope that doesn't demonize everyone too badly. Go feed the ducks.
Hermskii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2012, 10:19 AM   #28
Zxanphorian
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
 
Zxanphorian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 1st, 2002
Location: PA USA
Posts: 4,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermskii View Post
I think that video of Judge Napolitano is a fine work. It is a real eye opener. I already mentioned about how that video pushed me further away from the republican ranks than any I had seen before. The republicans had their chance to fix everything and they blew it badly. Now it's the democrats turn but they are cramming their agenda down our throats. I'm starting to think Ron Paul has a lot more things right that I originally thought.
How is it eye-opening if it is just some guy standing there asking questions without any facts and sources to back his argument based on questions up? A long series of "What if"s does not make a solid argument.

Also, you have the Republicans and Democrats mixed up. The Republicans messed things up royally during the Bush era. The Democrats came in, but didn't get nearly enough of the things needed to get done done. Now, we have the Republicans who say that it is totally the Democrats fault for the mess, and they are currently on a "my way of the highway" agenda to repeal the Democrats' policies and double-down on what got us into the mess.
Zxanphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2012, 12:09 PM   #29
AMmayhem
Mayhem is everywhere
 
AMmayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 3rd, 2001
Location: NaliCity, MI
Posts: 4,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxanphorian View Post
Also, you have the Republicans and Democrats mixed up. The Republicans messed things up royally during the Bush era. The Democrats came in, but didn't get nearly enough of the things needed to get done done. Now, we have the Republicans who say that it is totally the Democrats fault for the mess, and they are currently on a "my way of the highway" agenda to repeal the Democrats' policies and double-down on what got us into the mess.
Democrats had 2 years with full control of the House and the Senate in super majority, plus Obama in the White House. They could have passed anything and everything they wanted.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermskii
The republicans had their chance to fix everything and they blew it badly. Now it's the democrats turn but they are cramming their agenda down our throats. I'm starting to think Ron Paul has a lot more things right that I originally thought.
The Republican Party supposedly wants smaller government, but Bush passes the Patriot Act defiling the 4th Amendment, and also creates the redundant Department of Homeland Security (Department of Defense anyone? Hello?). Obama has brought continuation of the Patriot Act, Obamacare, Tsars, etc.

All I can say is welcome to the starting path of Libertarianism Hermskii.
__________________
Nali City's official AMmayhem

<AMmayhem> howdy all
* Rukee waves
<AMmayhem> that had better been all 5 fingers...
<Rukee> oh-you thought I was waving my hand, okay.
<AMmayhem> well, someone your age, all the wrinkles blend together, making it hard to decipher what part of the body is being waved.....
<AMmayhem> o_O
<MassChAoS> ouch
<Rukee> owned :P
AMmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2012, 12:42 PM   #30
Zxanphorian
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
 
Zxanphorian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 1st, 2002
Location: PA USA
Posts: 4,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMmayhem View Post
Democrats had 2 years with full control of the House and the Senate in super majority, plus Obama in the White House. They could have passed anything and everything they wanted.
That is, of course, implying that the Democrats are a single monolithic block. Also, it doesn't help that you have people like the Republican leader in the Senate, Mitch McConnell say that the Republican's number one priority is to make Obama a one-term President. Both of these factors, when combined, makes things difficult to garner support. If both the legislative and executive branches were totally made up with like-minded Democrats, then yes they could have passed anything. But, given that Democrats are heterogeneous and they had a smaller, yet still potent, Republican opposition.


And lets be honest here. If the Democrats pushed through everything under the sun quickly, the Republicans would have surely jumped to the occasion to demonize the Democrats even more than they had. They accused the Democrats of ignoring the other voices (although they wanted single-payer, which was rejected by Republicans and some Democrats, so they compromised and introduced a once-Conservative idea created by the Heritage Foundation called the individual mandate) and quickly pushed through the Affordable Care Act.

And lets be even more honest. Do you really think that Washington would move quickly in any matter?

Last edited by Zxanphorian; 4th Jul 2012 at 12:51 PM.
Zxanphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2012, 12:52 PM   #31
Bi()ha2arD
Toxic!
 
Bi()ha2arD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 29th, 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskadar View Post
Go to USA Politics.org
They should make domain names with whitespaces a thing. Would mix nicely with the new TLDs.
__________________
Bi()ha2arD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2012, 01:31 PM   #32
Hermskii
www.Hermskii.com
 
Hermskii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 13th, 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMmayhem View Post
All I can say is welcome to the starting path of Libertarianism Hermskii.
Exactly! That is exactly what I was saying.
Hermskii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2012, 03:08 PM   #33
Jacks:Revenge
╠╣E╚╚O
 
Jacks:Revenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 18th, 2006
Location: somewhere; sometime?
Posts: 9,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMmayhem View Post
Democrats had 2 years with full control of the House and the Senate in super majority, plus Obama in the White House. They could have passed anything and everything they wanted.
uh not really...

http://538refugees.wordpress.com/201...majority-myth/

http://mcspocky.com/2012/04/13/the-m...uper-majority/
__________________
"Aut inveniam viam aut faciam."
Jacks:Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2012, 06:29 PM   #34
cryptophreak
unbalanced
 
cryptophreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 2nd, 2011
Posts: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxanphorian View Post
How is it eye-opening if it is just some guy standing there asking questions without any facts and sources to back his argument based on questions up? A long series of "What if"s does not make a solid argument.
You are being pedantic. The questions raised are not really questions at all, they are observations we all should have made by now. Regardless of whether it's anyone's intent to push us to the point where we exist in our present state, here we are.
cryptophreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2012, 09:39 PM   #35
Lizard Of Oz
Demented Avenger
 
Lizard Of Oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct. 25th, 1998
Location: In a cave & grooving with a Pict
Posts: 10,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMmayhem View Post
All I can say is welcome to the starting path of Libertarianism Hermskii.
Lizard Of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2012, 07:03 PM   #36
Crotale
_________________________ _______________
 
Crotale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 20th, 2008
Location: Anywhere But Here
Posts: 2,477
I liked the Food Stamp Club so much, I not only became a member, but I am now its President.

Okay, I thought about how stupid that sounded. Back on-topic, what do you guys expect? We are an entitlement society. Many families probably don't even need assistance, but they take it anyway because it is available. Since the money is already allocated for the year, what does it hurt in the end? Well, until the next year, I suppose.

Tax credits for students, earned income credit, they are all generally entitlements. How can you say these families should not partake when the myth is so ingrained about the rich are getting richer while the poor are getting poorer? I say myth because it isn't necessarily true. While the top 20% as getting more wealthy than the rest, even the lowest 20% have seen a 26% rise in economic mobility over the last three decades when you take tax breaks and other entitlements into consideration (and not just inflation). Sure, buying power isn't as good, but that is true all across the economic spectrum, not just for the lowest earners.

Last edited by Crotale; 5th Jul 2012 at 07:18 PM.
Crotale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
discrimination against hermskii, fail troll is failing, hermskii does it again, hermskii is a great troll

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer