News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > News & Articles

Old 10th Jun 2012, 09:17 PM   #21
Agent4054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyrr77 View Post
U3 never even got so far as to implement FSAA, and it still doesn't even to this day (for which I have never forgiven them).
O_o

Might want to recheck your information there. FSAA has been usable in UDK for quite some time now.
Agent4054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2012, 09:37 PM   #22
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
Uh huh. Except that the demo ran on a single Kepler card (GTX 680?). Those are expensive, but quite available to consumers. After a few months, they'll be pretty much of medium price.

Also, argh! It's Unreal Engine 1, Unreal Engine 2, Unreal Engine 3 and Unreal Engine 4. Not Unreal, Unreal II, Unreal III, Unreal IV, two if which are SP games and the rest hopefully will be SP games in the future.
Can I just add my voice that this drives me insane as well?

IGN is calling this "Unreal 4 Engine". They have been calling the engine the wrong name since 2001 when UE2 was announced, probably intentionally as a clickbait to capture anyone who happens to be searching for "Unreal 4" on Google.

Stupid amateurs.

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2012, 10:17 PM   #23
moonflyer

Just checked IGN and it's "Unreal Engine 4" now on the homepage. Well, at least IGN pay attention to it. But on Gamespot, you can't find the videos. I did a quick search and all I can find are some user posts in the forums.
So sometimes they are more than stupid. But so what, I never care about GS videos coz I have GT to like.

And the demo is running on a GTX680 which means after one year or two the platform for UE4 will be cheap enough for many TRUE FPS FANS!

But UE4 is supposed to be developed for next-gen consoles, right? So why worry about if your PC can run it smoothly anyway? The consoles are always better choices for gamers who don't want to spend too much.
moonflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2012, 10:29 PM   #24
moonflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefsack View Post
I'm quite interested to see if having a more physically realistic lighting engine would mean a lot less hand lighting to make scenes look good. Extra lighting can be applied just to spice things up.
That's the point of the realtime GI/reflection/... For most common environments, one or two main light sources, and done! Just like in photography, usually one or two main lights with some thoughtful shadows and angles, are pretty enough for amazing pictures.
Old 10th Jun 2012, 11:19 PM   #25
Zxanphorian
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
Can I just add my voice that this drives me insane as well?

IGN is calling this "Unreal 4 Engine". They have been calling the engine the wrong name since 2001 when UE2 was announced, probably intentionally as a clickbait to capture anyone who happens to be searching for "Unreal 4" on Google.

Stupid amateurs.
Ahh it also drives me insane. A lot of the iOS blogs say it as well when talking about Infinity Blade.
Zxanphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2012, 11:04 AM   #26
Mozi
Zer0 as a number

Awesome sauce...

mozidesign.com
twitter: @mozidesigner
Mozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2012, 01:50 PM   #27
4WD
globle

very pretty. so with that techdemo, does that mean we get an ut4 with every lightning reduced to "barely visible", color reduced to "grey & black", & cray-exclusive specs ? why is there no showcase of how awesome and fantastic the gamespy integration is ?
Old 11th Jun 2012, 10:46 PM   #28
moonflyer

This demo has nothing to do with UT4. It basically shows you how easy the building of lighting, but that does not indicate the lighting will be barely visible, or not, neither about the color. These are things to be concerned by level artists, not the engine.
Old 12th Jun 2012, 03:53 AM   #29
GreatEmerald
Khnumhotep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonflyer View Post
This demo has nothing to do with UT4. It basically shows you how easy the building of lighting, but that does not indicate the lighting will be barely visible, or not, neither about the color. These are things to be concerned by level artists, not the engine.
I think you missed the sarcasm in the post you were replying to
GreatEmerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2012, 10:37 AM   #30
moonflyer

Ah yes, hehe. I must was not sober this morning.

Tags
no tags, omg epig unreal engined 4 us, unreal 4 engine