NewsUnrealEdFilesModsFragBULiandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic

Old 3rd Jun 2012, 03:09 PM   #41
Sjosz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Played through this game on Normal. Pretty tough difficulty balance like others have said. Only once did I end up dying constantly and they gave me an additional painkiller to use, but beyond that it just feels like you get by by the skin of your teeth.
I do quite like the music/sound/animation stuff, and lying on the floor without getting up is pretty cool, but I ended up feeling the game outstayed its welcome towards the end. So much combat fatigue. Kinda wishing they'd changed things up a bit more but save from the occasional slow-motion sequence the super lengthy gunfights (especially in the police station and the airport) just felt endless and tedious.
Top that off with a checkpoint system that is not good and puts you back further than it should and I was having a pretty bad time with this game in some places. Still pretty neat, and definitely a pretty looking/sounding game, just not really my thing I guess.
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 03:19 PM   #42
Zxanphorian
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I (obviously) haven't even touched the game yet, but are the trippy dream sequences still there?
Zxanphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 04:46 PM   #43
Capt.Toilet
Good news everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxanphorian View Post
I (obviously) haven't even touched the game yet, but are the trippy dream sequences still there?
Nope but you get trippy cutscenes. For a while you may think your game is jacking up but after a while it will all make sense.

Don't read this Zxan this is for everyone else

Spoiler Warning! (move mouse over box below to reveal)
Anyone else notice that when Max went "sober" the trippy colors went away? Nice touch I thought

Last edited by Capt.Toilet; 3rd Jun 2012 at 04:48 PM.
Capt.Toilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 07:14 PM   #44
Zxanphorian
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Don't worry, I don't need to be reminded to not read spoilers in a thread where spoilers will obviously be said. (Unlike other people who have hissy fits...)
Zxanphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 10:21 PM   #45
dragonfliet
I write stuffs

I look forward to buying this game on sale. It looks like a blast, and I would definitely get on that if I didn't have about 150 hours of Skyrim left and literally a dozen other games already on the lineup.

WW1 I think it was more like "Hey allies! We'll lend you a hand" and Europe was like, "Pfff, whatever. Okay, like stand over there and do stuff", and America was all like, "Oh really!? You mean it! Oh Boy!", and after awhile the European allies were like, "Hey they're actually not bad. Fair play to the Yanks" and the French Allies were like, "Oh wee wee, they held their own", and the Americans were like, "Hey, what did you say France?" and France was all like, "Nothing. Go **** yourself."
dragonfliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 11:28 PM   #46
DarkED
The Great Oppression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Toilet View Post
Don't read this Zxan this is for everyone else

Anyone else notice that when Max went "sober" the trippy colors went away? Nice touch I thought
Yeah.

Pretty unrealistic considering alcohol mixed with painkillers doesn't make you see pretty lights, but a nice touch nonetheless.
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 11:43 PM   #47
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfliet View Post
I look forward to buying this game on sale. It looks like a blast, and I would definitely get on that if I didn't have about 150 hours of Skyrim left and literally a dozen other games already on the lineup.
Yeah. I'd recommend waiting. Another game I'm not sure is worth $60. Still it is excellent and worth playing.

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2012, 12:39 PM   #48
Festering Anus
Cheeto Hans

Perhaps not worth $60 dollars but I just finished playing it and had a blast. Finally a game where medium is actually a difficult experience. I died a lot.
Old 7th Jun 2012, 04:24 PM   #49
Big-Al
amateur de bière

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festering Anus View Post
Perhaps not worth $60 dollars but I just finished playing it and had a blast. Finally a game where medium is actually a difficult experience. I died a lot.
I'm looking forward to getting this when it goes on sale. But not before.

I drink moosepiss
Big-Al is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
move this thread to games subforum, payne - to the max