NewsUnrealEdFilesModsFragBULiandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Development > Content Releases

Old 3rd Aug 2008, 07:01 PM   #1
Lord_Hades

DM-DragonLord[BETA][PC][Pics][Download]

Name: DM-DragonLord
Version: Beta 1
Compatibility: PC only (PS3 version will be cooked for the full release)
Description: A medium DeathMatch level for 4-8 players using the Shangri-La packages/ assets in almost 3 weeks.
Comments: I'd like some feedback on the levels, especially regarding these points:
-Lighting (too dark? too saturated?)
-Weapons placement
-Collisions
-Performance
-I didnt test much in the different detail levels (I only played in High detail), if there is anything strange in lower detail levels, let me know!
There are some things I dont like about that level, but I'd like to know opinions about the level before I say anything. Although there will probably not be major layout changes, suggestions are welcomed
Screenshot:

Credits: Alex 'Lord_Hades' Vancomerbeck for the level
Cory 'Spoondog' Spooner for feedback and playtest.
Homepage:
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?xg4mohyiwhv

Last edited by Lord_Hades; 7th Aug 2008 at 03:20 AM.
Lord_Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2008, 04:53 AM   #2
TheIronKnuckle
What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

It looks solid, but not special. However i do like the lighting.
< and this guy is a console n00b, enjoying his "Designed for PS360" copy of UT3. He lives in pure bliss
TheIronKnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2008, 10:15 AM   #3
hal
Dictator

I had a few minutes to run through it this morning and here are my first impressions.

- It's a very pretty map.
- The location/build seems pretty believable in most cases.
- The sight lines are a bit long in a few places. The Sniper Rifle is going to be overpowered. It's not a bad thing to have a place or two to use it, but I'd say a good twenty-five percent of the map or more can be viewed from each of those spots.
- It seems as though there are quite a few jump pads. When there are more than one or two, I always suspect that they were just added later to compensate for unplanned connectivity. I would much rather have seen stairs or lifts in most of those places as jump pads just seem out of place in a map like this. Of course, that's mostly preference, but lifts and stairs also offer more control and tactics.
- The reflections in the water standing on the ground seem to be lacking some shader or setting as it's quite plain to see that it is simply a tiled image.
Old 9th Aug 2008, 02:18 PM   #4
DarkSonny
Beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
- The reflections in the water standing on the ground seem to be lacking some shader or setting as it's quite plain to see that it is simply a tiled image.
I agree in that be careful with nightlights projection upon surfaces like the water and walls ( I love that reminiscent lunatic blueish light in some places ), as Hal said Im ok too.

Im thinking....from those pics, where is the moon? Ifthe moon is semihidden I would'nt add too moonlight, the sky is very covered ( I wolud add shaders from some cloud towards ground and tree too, all those asian houses Must be affected by this point). Dunno Its my opinion, overall nice map very creible

La cuestión es: Ser o No ser cońificado. Liate a tiros!

Last edited by DarkSonny; 9th Aug 2008 at 02:22 PM.
DarkSonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2008, 09:48 AM   #5
ne_skaju
Eff yeah!

Isnt too much blur on screenshots?
Old 8th Sep 2008, 06:36 PM   #6
Super-Moose

^ What he said. I'd download it and try it out, but I'm afraid it may make my eyes bleed.
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:19 PM   #7
SkaarjMaster
enemy of time

Smile

oriental atmosphere at night done very well, interesting dragon statues and sky is very different; gameplay is good as DM but even more fun as TDM. No map downloads at the usual spots.

Insite Reviews: right here in the web archive
SkaarjMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 08:32 AM   #8
EmoLevelDesigner

This time we have some nice landscape with Japanese houses. There are water, piers, mountains and lighthouse in the distance. The design is beautiful and detailed well. It is worth to note well picked ambient sounds. Small river is definitely a nice touch to the terrain. Unfortunately, I don't know much about multiplayer gameplay, so I can only say that it's enjoyable. There's nice contrast between cold outdoor area and warm house.

After reading DarkSonny's comment about moonlight, I noticed that there is blue light that comes from nowhere. It can't go from the sky because there's nothing emitting blue light there, so more fitting skydome would make this map look better. Oh, I even have an example here - left screenshot in my signature! There are also tiled reflections aforementioned by hal, and there is a sewer pipe which ends with a wall - which somehow don't stop the water which runs through it. But these are not big problems, because you won't notice them during a hard fight.

Last edited by EmoLevelDesigner; 31st May 2012 at 08:39 AM.
EmoLevelDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2012, 03:36 AM   #9
Tux Android

Cool Good map. [Final]

Very well done with the atmosphere at night, visuals, details, ambient sounds, custom meshes, lake view, and skybox. Good style with the lighthouse, statues, foliage, trees, dozens of paths, weapon/item placements, and tower thingies with wormholes in the sky are much like beanstalk(ish). Fun play for TDM as the bots are interesting (and very well for DM and/or Betrayal gametypes).

Note: This is the final release version of this map.

PC: http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...DragonLord.zip
PS3: http://www.ut3mod.com/2009/04/deathm...ragonlord.html

My Homepage (WIP) | UTzone.de | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ (No new posts yet, sorry. )
UT-Files.com Staff Member | Custom UT2004 Voice Pack Links at Epic Games Forums (100+ VPs counted!)
UT2004 Voice Pack Tutorial: A guide to making voice pack modules for UT2004. New VPs are always welcome!
Tux Android is offline   Reply With Quote