News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic

Old 23rd May 2012, 02:20 PM   #1
dragonfliet
I write stuffs

Gaming podcasts

I'm curious if people here are into the whole podcast thing, and if so, what gaming podcasts they listen to. And why, what about them interests you? Here's mine:

Brainy Gamer: Interesting, smart and unique looks at games in a laid back manner. This is my favorite.

PC Gamer UK: A clever, fun bunch of guys talking about PC games. It is attached to a magazine, so there is a little bit of pimping their product, but they are not overly verbose and yet they really dig their nails into things.

A Jumps B Shoots: Sort of a standard podcast format, a little generic, with the what you've been playing roundtable and basic blahblah, but they get to whatever theme they are exploring and it is generally pretty interesting, even if they are too quick to come to consensus, rather than encouraging more insightful argument.

These are the only ones I listen to regularly, as I would rather READ industry news and reviews, etc. and I can't stand people who put out 2hr podcasts every week. None of them are that intelligent or unique for me to justify listening to them that much, sadly.

WW1 I think it was more like "Hey allies! We'll lend you a hand" and Europe was like, "Pfff, whatever. Okay, like stand over there and do stuff", and America was all like, "Oh really!? You mean it! Oh Boy!", and after awhile the European allies were like, "Hey they're actually not bad. Fair play to the Yanks" and the French Allies were like, "Oh wee wee, they held their own", and the Americans were like, "Hey, what did you say France?" and France was all like, "Nothing. Go **** yourself."
dragonfliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 02:27 PM   #2
SleepyHe4d
fap fap fap

EpicBattleCry. The only podcast I ever cared for, of course I just watched it online anyways.

I started watching from the first cast and they are up to 153 now. I stopped watching every episode around 110 though because of lazyness or time I guess, actually a growing disinterest in gaming, but maybe I'll start back up.

Last edited by SleepyHe4d; 23rd May 2012 at 02:29 PM.
SleepyHe4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 02:36 PM   #3
SleepyHe4d
fap fap fap

Also: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=197586

That covered a much wider spectrum and yet it still died in like 10 posts. I expect a similar fate for this thread. I give you this double post to help out.

Last edited by SleepyHe4d; 23rd May 2012 at 02:37 PM.
SleepyHe4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 03:04 PM   #4
Big-Al
amateur de bire

never ever did anything ever relating to a podcast.

blagh

I drink moosepiss
Big-Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 04:08 PM   #5
Sjosz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

The Giant BombCast for me. Been listening to it since the start of the site/cast. I realize it's a bit strange and not really to everyone's taste, but I've come to really enjoy the main personalities running the site, so those people discussing games they've been playing, game news, and emails from listeners has been something I've been tuning in for every week for years.
That, and they typically do a lot of podcasting to cover E3.
Old 23rd May 2012, 04:54 PM   #6
shadow_dragon
is ironing his panties!

I listen to tons of podcasts but only really comedy ones.

Gamer ones always rub me up the wrong way and how much can you listen to other guys talk about games for?
The total biscuit ones were the last I tried, that was enough to put me off for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haarg View Post
what the **** is wrong with you
shadow_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 05:10 PM   #7
Juggalo Kyle
Sup brah.

The only podcast I listen to is the Rooster Teeth podcast, the creators of Red Vs Blue. I love it. I commute 40 or so minutes to and from work so I listen to them then.
Old 23rd May 2012, 05:33 PM   #8
Manticore
Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Al View Post
never ever did anything ever relating to a podcast.
Same here. That probably has a lot to do with the fact that i don't own a pod and never have (so far).
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 10:33 PM   #9
dragonfliet
I write stuffs

Hmm. I'm a little surprised by the lack of podcast love in here. I love the crap out of podcasts. I don't really care for the radio, as it's so hit and miss, so I listen to all the good npr shows (This American Life, Planet Money, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, etc.) as well as interesting other things. Anyone with a smartphone and an interest in a subject should definitely subscribe to some. This is part of my cut-back list (there used to be a lot of other things, but I would constantly fall behind).

WW1 I think it was more like "Hey allies! We'll lend you a hand" and Europe was like, "Pfff, whatever. Okay, like stand over there and do stuff", and America was all like, "Oh really!? You mean it! Oh Boy!", and after awhile the European allies were like, "Hey they're actually not bad. Fair play to the Yanks" and the French Allies were like, "Oh wee wee, they held their own", and the Americans were like, "Hey, what did you say France?" and France was all like, "Nothing. Go **** yourself."
dragonfliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2012, 02:14 PM   #10
Hadmar
Queen Bitch of the Universe

I listen to crap tons of podcasts, should be well above 20 hours every week. It has pretty much completely replaced listening to music for me. The odd thing is, not a single one of the podcasts I listen to is about gaming. :\

Changing that was on my radar a couple of times already but I never did. Thanks for reminding me.

Last edited by Hadmar; 25th May 2012 at 02:16 PM.
Hadmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2012, 05:38 PM   #11
BillyBadAss
Strong Cock of The North

I don't listen to any gaming ones, but I do listen to This American Life. They could talk about different colors of yarn and suck me in.

When Im watching the news and my daughter walks in and choose to ask. Why were all those people on the floor, sleeping, covered in red? I told her, that they were looking for God, but found religion instead.
De La Soul

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Raoul Duke
BillyBadAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 04:01 AM   #12
FuLLBLeeD
fart

Podtoid. I really hope you like William Dafoe and stories of worms being shoved in a man's anus.
FuLLBLeeD is offline   Reply With Quote