News • UnrealEd • Files • Mods • FragBU • Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic

Old 25th Apr 2012, 09:39 PM   #101
Capt.Toilet
Good news everyone!

I am more worried that Tool was able to predict that we were going to be in the **** tubes. He should run for President
Old 26th Apr 2012, 05:49 AM   #102
JohnDoe641
Killer Fools Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT-Maverick View Post
I'm sorry I have to bump this post, mainly because of the Spoiler that was included. It's been 8 years since this post, and guess what? It really is that bad. I feel worse for those thinking moving to europe would make it better.
At least we're not suffering alone anymore.

Ci.ctf pdX.tdm
JohnDoe641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 06:10 AM   #103
BillyBadAss
Strong Cock of The North

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBadAss View Post
Sounds tempting, but my GF wins the bid. I was going to move there anyway in a few years. This just seals the deal, but don't worry Worf, Cat_Fuzz, and Sir Brizz, I am only going to be a permanent resident of Japan, so I can still vote in the USA even though I don't pay taxes here.
Quote:
Don't worry it won't. Since I will only be a permenant resident of Japan, I am still an American Citizen, so I can come and go as I please. I only plan to come back to visit family and friends, but I will be casting my ballot to vote, so it's just as good as if I am there.

BillyBadAss looks into his crystal ball and sees himself voting straight Ds again in 2008.
Quote:
<--- Voted straight Ds and is taking his multi thousand dollars in taxes generating ass out of this nazi ran country.
<---- This nigga keeps his promise.

When I’m watching the news and my daughter walks in and choose to ask. “Why were all those people on the floor, sleeping, covered in red?” I told her, that they were looking for God, but found religion instead.
– De La Soul

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Raoul Duke

Last edited by BillyBadAss; 26th Apr 2012 at 06:30 AM.
BillyBadAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 09:59 AM   #104
Zxanphorian
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not to mention this interesting conversation in the thread. W0RF has some crystal ball or something, especially 4 years out from the 2008 election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0RF View Post
- viable candidates (hint: try finding one that lies less) (see also: Barack Obama)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qazix View Post
Obama is refreshingly enthusiastic, I'll give him that. However, I'm not willing to concede that he is the path to a brighter, better future... After all, he is a Christian, just as Bush claims to be. My personal respect for Christians took a nosedive after I witnessed so many of them supporting Bush. The same Bush that seems to comply with their beliefs only when it is convenient for him to do so.

You and Obama can go ahead and try to fix the system. I'll go ahead and watch from afar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W0RF View Post
He's no Ted Kennedy, either... and you have to admit there is currently a HUGE chunk of America that simply is not buying what they are selling.

I never said Obama was the fix. I'm not his lackey any more than I am Bush's. The only reason I singled him out is that he is an example of someone who realizes that government is there to serve the people.

Last edited by Zxanphorian; 26th Apr 2012 at 10:00 AM.
Zxanphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 10:23 AM   #105
Al
Ours is the Fury

Silly W0RF! He isn't a Christian! He's a Muslim terrorist from Kenya!
Old 26th Apr 2012, 03:59 PM   #106
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill

"The only reason I singled him out is that he is an example of someone who realizes that government is there to serve the people."

Until he became President...

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2012, 12:52 AM   #107
scott84

This thread makes me want to laugh, but what was said has rang so depressingly true.
scott84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2012, 01:01 AM   #108
Jacks:Revenge
╠╣E╚╚O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
Until he became President...
Old 27th Apr 2012, 03:26 AM   #109
SleepyHe4d
fap fap fap

Quote:
<---- This nigga keeps his promise.
How do you become a permanent resident of Japan? I thought foreigners were only allowed there for a few months at a time or something. Also, even being able to live there, I heard it's hard to get things done there as a foreigner, such as getting a decent job and stuff. How did that work out for you? Is it mainly because you're in Tokyo? (even then I heard it's no good) Do you think you would have been able to do it in a small city or town?

/bombardment of questions
SleepyHe4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2012, 07:32 AM   #110
BillyBadAss
Strong Cock of The North

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHe4d View Post
How do you become a permanent resident of Japan? I thought foreigners were only allowed there for a few months at a time or something. Also, even being able to live there, I heard it's hard to get things done there as a foreigner, such as getting a decent job and stuff. How did that work out for you? Is it mainly because you're in Tokyo? (even then I heard it's no good) Do you think you would have been able to do it in a small city or town?

/bombardment of questions
There are many routes you can take to get it. I'm married to a Japanese National. I haven't gotten permanent resident status yet, but I'm eligible for it as of next year. I'm currently hold a spousal visa, but it expires next year, so if they don't give me perm status (unlikely), they will renew it for 5 years into the future.

Assuming you have a visa already and speak Japanese, it's not that hard to find a job. Actually, backend programers can usually find a job without knowing Japanese and they will pay for your visa if you are already here. Japanese usually aren't very good at that stuff. Finding a job here is usually about who you know. If you know somebody at a company they can get you in. That's the easiest way.

A small city or town maybe I could of done it. They are shrinking as everyone is moving to the big cities, so they need people. Hard to say.

You can read a lot about getting a visa here.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2221.html

When I’m watching the news and my daughter walks in and choose to ask. “Why were all those people on the floor, sleeping, covered in red?” I told her, that they were looking for God, but found religion instead.
– De La Soul

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Raoul Duke
BillyBadAss is offline   Reply With Quote