News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Series > Unreal

Old 18th Apr 2012, 03:49 AM   #1
Leo(T.C.K.)

Old first impression of Unreal beta (Respawn event)

http://web.archive.org/web/199805261...tures/respawn/

Just found this, some of the stuff said there is very interesting. Like this.

Quote:
As far as CTF and the like will go he mentioned something about a "Kill the Cow" type game where a type of creature indigenous to the planet that resembles a cow, will be in one teams base and will have to be protected. If it gets shot, it will begin to panic (I'm not sure what that mean but he mentioned something about the cows being on platforms over lava). All of the ppl that I was with are dedicated TWCTF players, so we asked him if you would be able to use some kind of Stimpacks (TWCTF feature) to heal the cow, since that is a very valuable team feature to help keep the flag carrier alive.
Quote:
Oh yeah and to make up for it, with UnrealEd you get thousands of brushes and texures the Unreal guys made but didn't implement it in the game. So hey, you win some, and lose some.
Really ****ing sad that they didn't release the standalone editor with all that. Would be an instant win, so many textures were scrapped and you would get them there. SIGH

Funny also how the last guy is totally confused and confuses weapon names and ****, he calls dispersionpistol a stinger etc etc. lol

Last edited by Leo(T.C.K.); 18th Apr 2012 at 04:16 AM.
Leo(T.C.K.) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2012, 05:00 PM   #2
Mister_Prophet

I remember seeing the ads for the UnrealED box as well as the unnamed Unreal Expansion pack that had the boxes in the style of Unreal's original retail design. I can't recall if they were in the manual or in a strat guide I have somewhere.
Mister_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Leo(T.C.K.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Prophet View Post
I remember seeing the ads for the UnrealED box as well as the unnamed Unreal Expansion pack that had the boxes in the style of Unreal's original retail design. I can't recall if they were in the manual or in a strat guide I have somewhere.
They were even promoted on some unreal boxes as well, iirc, too, yeah. the pdf of the manual might have them too, but its been a while since i looked at that.
Leo(T.C.K.) is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
get out more