News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Development > Mapping

Old 29th Oct 2011, 06:25 AM   #1
Aldebaran

Lift hitting actor - weird problem

Hey there,

I'm running into a weird problem whenever I try to set up a basic lift following these simple steps: adding an interpactor to a map; correcting its collision to "blockall"; entering kismet and choosing "new event using interpactor > mover"; then defining a simple movement track using only 2 keyframes in matinee.

The problem is, when I get on the lift, then jump while it is moving up and land on it again before it has reached its highest position (the second keyframe), it will immediately drop to the floor/its starting position again, instead of ending its movement track properly.

At first I thought, I must have had overlooked something important, so I tried to find a workaround for the problem, copy-pasting a lift plus its kismet setup from dm-deck into my map, but the exact same issue still occured.

Then I figured it could be resolved unlinking the interpactors "hit actor" output from the matinees "change dir" input, however the result of not being able to stand below the lift and make it bump up once hitting an actor anymore, wasn't appreciated either.

So after fiddling around even more in the interpactors properties and kismet without coming to a satisfying solution, I just hope some of you folks can tell me what I am doing wrong here.
Thanks in advance.
Aldebaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2011, 07:40 AM   #2
Aldebaran

Alright, I solved it.
The problem was, that I didn't add liftexits and a liftcenter.
I can't see tho, how that resulted in the strange behavior of the lift, as I thought these elements were only important to make it compatible with bots, but yeah... at least it works now.
Aldebaran is offline   Reply With Quote