News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd Jul 2011, 10:34 AM   #1
Thrash123
Obey Leash Laws

Trying to pick a new game. Proving difficult.

Alright, here's the skinny: My mother has an Amazon Kindle with Special Offers, and one of the special offers she received recently was $10 off any non-downloaded game (side note: She gets a bunch of great offers, like discounted gift cards, freebies, etc through it, so if you've been considering a Kindle, get the one with special offers).

Anyway, I'm not as big of a gamer as I used to be. With a day job and a new blues album to finish, I just don't keep up with the industry. I rarely buy games when they come out, the exceptions being Minecraft (well, I've been playing since alpha) and DNF. Trolling through Amazon's thousands of listings for 4*+ rating games is taking quite a while, and some of the games I've never even heard of.

So, if you've got any good recommendations for games, let me know. I don't typically play anything that I can't quit out of in a moment's notice and be able to pick up relatively close to where I left off, because of my day job (24/7 on call systems manager). I was looking at Dragon Age: Origins (with all the expansion/addon stuff), since I haven't played a good RPG in a while. Also looking at ArmA II. Here's the games I've played recently (within the past year):

Minecraft
DNF
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (bad-ass game)
Star Trek Online

It doesn't have to be a new game, either, as long as it runs on Windows 7 (or runs well on an XP laptop with integrated Intel graphics). My desktop machine isn't super beefy, but it handles most games.

Other games I've enjoyed over the years:
Battlefield 2
Asheron's Call
Baldur's Gate series
Infiltration (UT mod)
Fallout 3
Oblivion & Morrowind