News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Original Unreal Tournament

Closed Thread

Old 21st Mar 2011, 04:29 AM   #81
Gizzy
The Banhammer Cometh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Knight View Post
Bump.

Any news about this? I've unpacked the Zip into my installation (I'm using Linux Ubuntu 10.10 BTW) and everything seems fine to me.

BTW, since you're going to include the PS2 and DC maps, what about adding SP ladders for those versions as well? There're already two ladders included in UT 436 (normal and GOTY) and the PS2/DC ladders use just a few extra maps.

PS: The Zip link still works.
The ladders were planned to be included, afaik.
Old 21st Mar 2011, 01:21 PM   #82
Neon_Knight

I haven't saw them in the first post...
If they're going to be included, then I haven't said nothing. :P
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 01:06 PM   #83
Delacroix
Successor of Almarion

A great deal of progress has been made. By tomorrow I should have all console exclusive maps included. 1:1 originals!

Also, RoninMastaFX has been granted my permission to lead the FCBP on his own, on the condition that nothing that was planned is removed, save ShamuQuest which was separated from FCBP permanently. We'll have more info for you soon.
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 03:15 PM   #84
Raynor.Z
Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus

Good to hear that things are moving. It's been in making like forever

For those willing to build a mountain of bodies
and climb to the top.
In environments that stun.
Against A.I. that kills.
For those willing to stake their lives
in the pursuit of victory...
we salute you.
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 04:26 AM   #85
TheIronKnuckle
What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

When you say "By tomorrow I should have all console exclusive maps included. 1:1 originals!" do you mean you have the original .unrs of EVERY map from the console versions? Both PS2 and DC? Does this include the "slightly modified" maps such as dreary (Flag room totally different) and november (submarine absent)?

If so, that's bloody awesome. How did you pull it off?

No disrespect to this mod, which I support and will download every time a new release is made, but I think the console maps deserve a separate release.
As it stands I think this mod would benefit from being broken up a bit more anyway. What is a shamuquest remake doing in a mod dedicated to cut Epic content? And while I like the map, I've never understood the Angelheart contribution.

If you really must amalgate these separate projects together under a single heading, Clearer categories would be handy imo, with these categories being reflected in the installer (If they aren't already)

+Ported Unreal Beta Content (There's too much here)

+UT Beta Content
--+Maps
-----+Cut content (Never before seen mappage from the beta including stuff like the original Liandri)
-----+Beta Versions of Stock maps (For stuff like the older version of CTF-Face. Category included because some people might only want the new maps rather than the remixes of old ones)
--+Models/skins
--+Weapons (Beta mag, Beta Pulse Gun [Being able to get the beta translocator too would make you guys demigods, and i'm talking the UT beta trans, not the unreal one])

+UT Console content
--+Maps (No need to differentiate between DC and PS2 maps imo)
-----+Console exclusives
-----+Console versions of Stock maps (Such as Dreary and November. Category included because some people might only want the new maps rather than the remixes of old ones)
--+Console Ladder
--+Models

+Shamuquest (Strictly speaking, this should be under "miscellaneous" because it has nothing to do with epic, but it's so massive that it deserves it's own heading)

+Cut Gametypes

+Miscellaneous (Generally stuff that didn't come from epic)
--+Bonus maps (Such as the Angelheart map and LiandriXL, stuff that doesn't fit neatly anywhere else)
--+Beta Background(s)
--+Title screen selector (And associated maps)
--+Unreal Rouge
--+Uwindows skins

And I'm stopping there even though there's heaps of odds and ends to fit in that I left out

Because seriously, there's just way too much in this mod. If you're going to include Shamuquest and a small selection of unreal beta content, you may as well go the whole way and include the playstation version of Unreal in there along with ALL the unreal beta maps, pawns and content. Break up the mod. Keep everything under the "Forgotten classics" heading, sure, but don't go lumping it all together like that. It's better to be tidy and let people choose whether they want the beta maps but not the console maps rather than having everything lumped under the one heading of "maps". As it stands, I don't see much hope of a final release any time in the near future because there's just way too much for too few people to do. Also how big is the final package going to be? it's already at 300 megs and it's just an alpha.

Don't get me wrong, I want this content as much as the next guy, but having it all mixed up with bits and pieces from all over the place is annoying

Also the naming convention is terrible, or more the fact that there isn't one. You've got stuff like Faceprime and lavagiantSE and OverlordRedux. It's inconsistent! Why can't it just be the simple and infinitely neater Face-Beta, Lavagiant-Beta and Overlord-Beta. I mean, they all came from the beta, they're all just beta maps with updates for botplay and stability: Why try to pretend they are anything else? It's just so much more consistant and will allow the maps to sit in the maplist next to their original versions.
Similarly, I hope the console content has good tagging. Of course maps like Flux, Coalgulate and the exclusive Dreamcast maps don't need tags, but maps like November should be November-DCPS2.

If there's one thing to take away from this post it's that I think it's absolutely great what you guys are doing, but that your presentation and the organisation of this mod need some serious re-examination.
< and this guy is a console n00b, enjoying his "Designed for PS360" copy of UT3. He lives in pure bliss

Last edited by TheIronKnuckle; 3rd Jul 2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 07:13 AM   #86
GreatEmerald
Khnumhotep

True, make sure this doesn't become the second UT2C. Making it modular sounds like a great thing to do.
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 09:20 AM   #87
Delacroix
Successor of Almarion

ShamuQuest was already separated from FCBP. UnRogue will be cut away. As for Consoles... I mean exclusives and notable remixes. If a map is different only by the fact it was stripped down (as was KGalleon for example which has all the decos and entire bottom deck slashed away), it doesn't go in. It's not worth it. If today I receive another version of Dreary, maybe. Because what I've seen so far is map identical to UT's, except various special FX and ambience was toned down.

As for what's included:

Unreal Beta Content - these are only DM maps, several of them
UT Beta Content: Maps, Skins and Desktop are here, HUD and weapon differencies remain.
Logo-Maps: these were included coz they underwent changes to be compatible with the selector that has been made for easier switch to UT-Beta-Logo map. Authors have made these in hopes they'll replace your current logomap and that's why they go in.
UWindows skins must go in.

Here's the reason: the mod will include everything that has been cut from PC UT (console content, beta content, stuff hidden away like UWindows skins) with added selectors to use that content.

Supplemental content is Unreal Beta DM maps and additional UT-Logos. This'll make a hefty 350-400 MB mod, but at least it turns Unreal Tournament into a definitive Director's Cut edition.
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 04:25 PM   #88
AlCapowned

If the PS2 hud could be implemented in a mutator, would that be worth including in the pack?
Old 4th Jul 2011, 12:30 AM   #89
Delacroix
Successor of Almarion

Definitely!
Old 4th Jul 2011, 05:22 AM   #90
TheIronKnuckle

The stripped down galleon isn't going in?!?

In that case.... can we have a raw release of all the console content at some point? I would like to see it all and examine it for myself.
Again, how the heck did you get a hold of it all? And is it only the PS2 content or is there the DC stuff as well?

I've got no issue with you picking what goes into this pack and what doesn't, I'll download it all the same; but please don't withhold any of this awesome content which has suddenly surfaced! A raw download of the console content provided on the side would be much appreciated.

edit:
Quote:
If today I receive another version of Dreary, maybe. Because what I've seen so far is map identical to UT's, except various special FX and ambience was toned down.
In the PS2 dreary the flag rooms were entirely different. the chokepoint between the flag room and the upper/lower paths was eliminated and additional paths added. There were significant gameplay changes. What version of dreary DO you have?
< and this guy is a console n00b, enjoying his "Designed for PS360" copy of UT3. He lives in pure bliss

Last edited by TheIronKnuckle; 4th Jul 2011 at 05:27 AM.
Old 17th Jul 2011, 03:18 PM   #91
Kerr Avon

This looks like it will be *fantastic* !!! Are there any downloads for us yet, or are you waiting until the whole thing is finished?
Old 17th Sep 2011, 07:04 AM   #92
TheIronKnuckle

what's the story here? Any updates?
Closed Thread

Tags
fcbp, forgotten classics bonus pack, leo hates the whole world, leo:your own fault, roninunrealfx, soap opera, ut: fcbp