UE3 - UDK Trying to test/compile for the first time.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

storm33229

Jan 20, 2010
az
I have been following this tutorial.This is my first time using UDK and I am having some trouble compiling. Here is what I have done:

1. Created a subclass of GameInfo and also of PlayerController and stored them in Development -> Src -> CluOne -> Classes
2. Modified the UTEngine.ini to have ModEditPackages=CluOne
3. Opened UnrealFrontEnd and hit make.

This is the UnrealFrontEnd output:
Code:
[COMMANDLET 'UDK.exe make' STARTED IN ''] January 20, 9:01 PM

Init: Version: 6165
Init: Epic Internal: 0
Init: Compiled (32-bit): Jan 11 2010 23:49:26
Init: Command line:  -DEFENGINEINI=..\..\UTGame\Config\DefaultEngineUDK.ini
Init: Base directory: C:\UDK\UDK-2010-01\Binaries\Win32\
Init: Character set: Unicode
Log: Executing Class UnrealEd.MakeCommandlet
--------------------Core - Release--------------------
--------------------Engine - Release--------------------
--------------------GameFramework - Release--------------------
--------------------UnrealEd - Release--------------------
--------------------IpDrv - Release--------------------
--------------------OnlineSubsystemPC - Release--------------------
--------------------UTGame - Release--------------------
--------------------UTEditor - Release--------------------
--------------------UTGameContent - Release--------------------
--------------------CluOne - Release--------------------
Package CluOne changed, recompiling
Analyzing...
Scripts successfully compiled - saving package 'C:\UDK\UDK-2010-01\Binaries\Win32\..\..\UTGame\Script\CluOne.u'

Success - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Execution of commandlet took:  2.72 seconds

So far, so good right? My question is how do I test my new code? Also, equally important (at least for me) is how do I know I've just tested my new code, and am using my custom mod/game?

I was looking at:
Testing

When the code compiled succesfully the application can be tested so see if the new functionality behaves as it should.

In most cases the application is tested by starting the UDK in client mode with a given launch URL. To start the CluOne application the UDK should be started with:

C:\UDK\UDK-2009-11\Binaries\Win32\udk ExampleMap?game=CluOne.CluOneGame
Not sure how to actually do this step. I tried copy/pasting that into the cmd and address bar - neither worked. I also tried hitting Launch on the Unreal Frontend - this launched a game... is it my game? a default game not using my custom code? How am I able to tell? Tips/Articles would be super helpful!

Thank you!

Jok3r098

Jul 14, 2010
here is the way you do it
open up the RUN dialog; and type:
"C:\udk\"<UDK VERSION>"\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe "<MAP NAME eg(DM-Deck)>"?game=CluOne.CluOneGame"
Replace <MAP NAME eg(DM-Deck)> with the name of the map you want to run in my case DM-Deck, which you could use as it comes with the UDK.
Replace <UDK VERSION> with the folder your UDK Game is in, in my case "UDK-2010-05"
then press enter and try out the gamemode that the tutorial helped you make :flame:

plus take out all of the quote marks, there should be NONE of those left

Last edited by a moderator: