16th Sep 2009, 10:04 AM
Join Date: Nov. 24th, 1998
Killing Floor Shipping to Stores in North America
Having already been available on Steam for awhile now, Killing Floor has found its way onto North American retail store shelves. If you haven't tried this one yet, then check out our review
and consider picking it up - it's good fun!
As a special extra the retail version of the game includes 2 bonus playable characters.
With London and the surrounding countryside overrun by failed biological experiments called specimens, it is up to you and 5 of your friends to clear the area of the infestation. Featuring an expansive arsenal of weapons and a built-in perk system that lets you customize and level-up your character you'll certainly have the firepower to get the job done. Also included in the box is the recently released free "Heavy Metal" Content Pack - the first of many free content packs planned for the game which includes an all new map and new weapons. And with Wave 1 of the "Grindhouse Custom Map Making Competition" just completed and over 50 maps submitted there is no shortage of awesome community created content to play with. The next phase of the contest ends 2nd October and will generate even more stunning new maps for the community, completely for free!
- Full highlights of the game:
- Cooperative gameplay for up to six players against multiple waves of specimens
- Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character's skills and abilities
- Over 40 Steam® Achievements, including "Dignity for the dead" for killing 10 enemies feeding on dead teammates' corpses and "Hot Cross Fun" for finishing off 25 burning enemies with a Crossbow
- Slow-motion "ZEDtime" to better watch those crucial and violent creature deaths, even in multiplayer
- Solo game mode for offline play
- Nine different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, to chainsaws, chain-guns and rocket-launchers
- 15+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower
- Equip your team with welders, medical tools and body armor to help your odds of survival
- Choose which Perks to play with to best balance out your co-op team against the horrors
- Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight -- or run; weld doors closed to direct the monster horde down alternate corridors
- Fully-configurable, allowing players to change the difficulty level, number of creature waves, or even set up their own favorite waves of monsters
- Support for Steam® Friends and other Steamworks(TM) features
- Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods