UT online crash on Win7

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Damn, and I thought everything works just fine..

Fresh installed UT on my Windows 7 x64 and now I got some trouble I'm unable to resolve.
Offline part works just fine, so do some (I think mostly unmodified) servers, but I get this error on servers that have some mutators installed and I primarily suspect it's caused by some anticheat system.
It didn't happen on Vista x64 so I guess something is not (yet) Win7 x64 compatible in UT... :hmm:
Here's the error screen:

Attached UT.log just in case..

Attachments

• UnrealTournament.txt
    41.6 KB · Views: 14

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Hmm, the last log entry is from AnthChecker. It might be the cause. Though a log from another server would be cool, too.
Also, these entries are odd: "Unable to open include file ../System\OpenGL32.dll" - maybe a permission error? Are you sure you let UT access all files, and none are read only?

Raynor.Z

Feb 1, 2006
None of my UT files are read-only (double checked). Running the game with full administrative rights didn't make any difference.

Raynor.Z

Feb 1, 2006
Here's another log. That server does not use UTDC21 and I therefore no crash will occur.

Attachments

• UnrealTournament.txt
    16.2 KB · Views: 11

Raynor.Z

Feb 1, 2006
Already done that. No change. Clearing cache doesn't work either :/ It really seems to be Windows 7 specific error. If only someone could explain the error in first post in more detail so I can get some ideas what part exactly causes that.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
It seems you're right, it's related to UTDC. The strange thing is that there are absolutely no normal errors or warnings, just instant General Protection Fault. What does UTDC do anyway?

Raynor.Z

Feb 1, 2006
Should be anti-cheat releated. I made another thread on unrealadmin.org but no one has replied so far..

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Well, the error seems to be stemming from UTDC... either it does things in a way Win7 doesn't like, or else there's an actual problem with the files.

See if you can delete the files and then play fine, trying to avoid UTDC servers for awhile. If your games work, after awhile join a UTDC server. If it works, then the files got corrupted somehow. If not, then Win7 hates how UTDC "hooks" in.

Raynor.Z

Feb 1, 2006
Yes, Windows 7 currently hates UTDC. Servers that do not use (require to load) those files play just fine without crash.
Looks like it's a known problem and hopefully will be addressed on next update.

Raynor.Z

Feb 1, 2006
Update!

Time for a bump.
Looks like there's a new AC in testing that has reportedly Windows 7 x64 compatibility issues solved.

AnthraX said:
As promised, I had some news about the UTDC/Win7 x64 problem. I have not been able to write a satisfactory fix for this (the only working fix for this problem is either allowing windows 7 players to join without being checked or to disable big parts of the UTDC checking routine).

Instead I have been working on a new native anticheat since early august. The name of the new project is "ACE" and it will be released for both the full and the demo version of Unreal Tournament. It is meant to be a replacement for UTDC although I'm expecting that it will catch more cheats.

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29674

Sounds good so far, because I'm really annoyed UTDC kicking players who run Win7 x64.