UT3 DM-Hyperblast [PC][Final]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
fline.gif

Name: DM-HyperblastClassic

Version: Classic Edition
Compatibility: PC
Description: Remake of the final level from UT99 - A medium 2-6 player arena set on a spaceship, with low gravity outside.
Originally you battle 1-1 with Xan Krieger here.

Credits: Remade by sneh.
Original by Juan Pancho Eekels (Epic Games)
Original Music "Go Down" by Alexander Brandon
Ripper-Lite by Parser (Fraghouse Mod Team)

fline.gif

(Fixed)

fline.gif

edyuyknpmv.jpg

gdncbanfrs.jpg

ynbjgvfjdr.jpg

xwdfcmewlt.jpg

Last edited:

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Looks ok.
Bur to me its a shame, cause considering the power of the UE3 engine, you could have achieved way better results in lighting without going to ultra dark kind of thing like usual UT3 maps.

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
Nice conversion and well done! I loved this map in SP.
Ya ok, maybe a little much BSP geometry but it's a small map. There shouldn't be much performance drop because of this.

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
Can someone confirm if this map is working. My game crashes when I load it up.

Ok, I'm 99% sure it's fixed - I've updated the link..

I tested it on my old computer, with a vanilla install of UT3 (no patches) and copied only the map file - it worked. (took ages to load though, it's below minimum spec!)

If it doesn't work now it never will.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I'd rather have the 2k4 version (or at least some updated textures and some trim to hide the blocky edges)

I still have UT99 installed to play the original.

Last edited:

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
there's nothing wrong with sticking to BSP, makes for clean and appealing visuals. But for the love of god put some detail in! :) Do it like HOLP

I know, I've made heaps of remakes at varying levels of detail - I would love to make all of them at top quality, but I just don't have the time.

I basically made this because nobody else has, and although clearly it doesn't stand out I have used some custom meshes, enhanced the textures, and taken the time to get the gravity right etc.. I even included the original version of the music etc..

However, I decided to not distract from the basic-ness of the original and thus the "classic" since I already knew I wasn't going to spend the time making the whole map 'next-gen'

With each map, I make sure I learn something new in the editor, and in this one I learned 2 main things - Making a 3D starfield in a single material/mesh, and lensflares. (I haven't seen lensflares, custom or otherwise, in any other map btw..)

Ok long post, hope I cleared up some 'reasons' for this map existing as it is.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
there's nothing wrong with sticking to BSP, makes for clean and appealing visuals.
It's true, but the use of the exact original textures and bsp doesn't qualify as "clean and appealing. It could have been dressed up a bit, even without loads of meshes.

I understand how the decision was made, I'm only saying I would have hoped for a newer remake, e.g. 2k4 but a bit smaller style.

Last edited:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
I personally love it sneh.

You did a fantastic job at bringing the original Hyperblast into UT3!