ATTENTION ALL UT SERVER ADMINS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
As you may notice, when you are playing an online game and you pick up a Damage Amplifier, the weapon turns purple. However, some have also noticed that the HUD player status does not. This is due to a lack of replication for a 'DamageScaling' variable that Epic overlooked.

I have created a mutator to rectify this problem. See attached a fix which will allow the HUD status to turn purple when an Amp is collected.

Mutator name is 'UDamageFix.UDamageFixMut'

(Please) Download, use and enjoy!

Attachments

• UDamageFix.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Wow, that's such a vitally important thing... :p

I just look at my weapon. To be fair, some people have weapons disabled. But you have a purple aura around you when you have UDamage, so you should be able to tell with experience.

(There's also the fact that this fix is useless for people who have their HUDs set to where the paperdoll is disabled.)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
How would one alter the colour of the Udamage effect. (I have my weapons set to hidden, but I like watching a botmatch every once in a while. Blame the silly mutators).

Last edited:

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Im pretty sure it is a very useless mutator that I dont even wanna try it... I can tell by the 0views Im not alone on this lol

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
Actually, there was initially 1 view, but I have since updated it. And if you are not a server Admin, it doesn't apply to you. However, if you are, you need to think about the perspective of the players. Do the words, silent frustration mean anything to you? Sure, servers aren't exactly swarming with players who don't like the bug, but it doesn't mean they're not around. I can tell you they exist, because I am living proof of them. It just so happens that there was finally a player who didn't like the bug who also knows enough about coding for UT that he can make such a mutator.

As for the colour changing thing, you would need to first extract the (unfortunately animated) texture from the Botpack package and use a graphics program to alter the colour. You then need to subclass the UDamage class in Botpack and add necessary code to allow for a config colour index variable. You can then use said variable to determine what texture to use. And if you wanna get fancy, you can add a config window to the Mod menu, in which you can set the colour.