UT3 ::Invert:: - Flip Gravity at Will - 1 File Modification

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CrysAk

Mar 12, 2006
INVERT
THE WOLRD IS IN YOUR HANDS​

CONCEPT
The player has the ability to turn the world on its head 180* at any time and must explore the environments using this ability to reach the goal at the end of each level

The objective is to rotate the world in key areas so that paths are both created and broken to advance to new areas previously unreachable.

There can be 100 solutions to a level or just 1 in others; always providing a challenge and making the player think before using the ability.

Don’t think this is going to be easy, rotating the world in open locations will cause your player to fall large distances and possibly to they’re death, in the later levels you will need to not only make death deifying leaps but also time these with flipping the world in a leap of faith type style.

Environments range vastly from interior testing laboratories to huge industrial complexes and even exteriors.

FEATURES
•Rotate the World at Will
•Challenging Environmental Puzzles
•Secret Locations and Hidden Content
•All Scripting is done in Kismet and requires no Patches/Updates/Installations
•Extremely Small File Size (making use of UT3s existing assets)
•UT3 Quality Visuals
•In-Game Tutorial Level
•Simply Download Levels and play in DM mode with 0 bots

SUMMERY
So there you have it, a completely new game simply from downloading a single level and playing it in Death Match mode with no bots.
There are endless possibilities for interesting and challenging levels (not to mention some levels I have planned that will really mind f**k you)
I don’t have a lot of spare time right and wanted to make something not only unique, but also extremely quick and easy with no code or art requirements so that people from the community can add to the library of levels simply by copying over my kismet code (I will produce a tutorial and template level for you guys to create your own levels with the release of the game)

I only began work on this a few nights ago and no more than 6 hours has gone into it so far but below you’ll be happy to find a link to the level to play for yourselves along with a you tube video (for those that need convincing to play for themselves) and some screen shots of the very first tutorial level.

If I get positive feedback from this ill design and make a game out of it (I only made it to see if I could) and of course I’m more than happy to include any ideas you guys have so if you have an idea you think will be cool and you’ll like to see in the finish product (yes it will be a full single player campaign + story, who knows maybe even a level release every month to keep you guys happy (yea just like all the other failed episodic games :p)

Hope you enjoy the (proof of concept) demo and sorry in advance for how short it is ^^ just getting it out there and hope you can realise the potential for this game.

Chris

DOWNLOAD
http://www.mediafire.com/?vucnlj9zew4

VIDEO
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HGo6LCSjkjI

SCREENSHOTS

DM-INV-Tutorial_01.jpg

DM-INV-Tutorial_02.jpg

DM-INV-Tutorial_03.jpg

DM-INV-Tutorial_04.jpg

DM-INV-Tutorial_05.jpg

DM-INV-Tutorial_06.jpg

DM-INV-Tutorial_07.jpg

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
wow this looks great !
with the now mainstream physX, you could have fluids moving up and down too.

just a suggestion : maybe change the art direction. something clean like portal should be good. the going up and down can make people lost, so an uncluttered environment can't hurt.

I don't know the code or anything, but could it be possible to have a gun which does : everytime the gun does primary fire, gravity increases, and secondary fire makes gravity decrease (well, increase in the other side) or at least have some different gravity presets. maybe more of a device than a gun...

about your PM, maybe not a clinical style, but you could try a more glossy feel : black with some sort of retro-lights (some laptops or keyboards have those IIRC).

CrysAk

Mar 12, 2006
ahh yea sorry, when i said clinical i meant less messy/sameshade of grey etc, more bold colours/distinction between floors/walls and just alot cleaner similar tot hat of portal so the player can easily tell whats what rather than the specular and emmisive nightmare that is UT3 :p

again thanks for the suggestions :)

Toninux

Jun 24, 2008
wow this looks great !
with the now mainstream physX, you could have fluids moving up and down too.

just a suggestion : maybe change the art direction. something clean like portal should be good. the going up and down can make people lost, so an uncluttered environment can't hurt.

I agree, it would be fun to have something looking like maps from the HOLP (especially CTF-Razor, which reminds me Mirror's Edge...

CrysAk

Mar 12, 2006
I agree, it would be fun to have something looking like maps from the HOLP (especially CTF-Razor, which reminds me Mirror's Edge...

been looking at some freinds work that worked on that and i think thats the direction its going to be pushed in, looks alot cleaner while still looking good for todays graphical standards

sheldo

Aug 24, 2008
have you got the a work download link coz the one there that links to mediafire.com dosnt work

sheldo

Aug 24, 2008

yer that work the first link came up with a error...

this demo may solve a problem to what i trying to do for my DM level as something new

think of a 6 face cube and all the weapons and ammo are on each face, now think of it to be killed by some1 thats on the adjacent face. so that you run each face and see other players/bots on each of the side of the cube.

CrysAk

Mar 12, 2006
sorry m8 but this wont work over network how its been implemented here, nor will it allow people to walk on differnt faces :( sorry

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Does this actually change the gravity? Or does it just rotate all of the level geometry in the world?

CrysAk

Mar 12, 2006
Does this actually change the gravity? Or does it just rotate all of the level geometry in the world?

yea, it rotates the world, just not in somany words... (tad more complex getting the player to have the correct orientation/placement in the new "rotated" room) + some other stuff like lighting/statics etc, but yea.. it basically just rotates the room

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Okay, I know that messing with gravity in UE is not very intuitive. I had an idea for a cool mod dealing with gravity at one point, but there is simply no way to do it correctly.