Former Games Don't Work After Installing New Game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
Hello,

I downloaded and installed the map pack Legacy (legacyfull.zip), using the included Umod procedure with Oldschool. After installing the map pack, the game runs properly, but my previously installed map packs (7-Bullets, Xidia Gold and USP-Dejavu) no longer appear in the Main Menu of Unreal Tournament.

The files for those map packs are still located in the Maps folder of Unreal Tournament. However, when I run any of them from the Maps folder, I get an error that states something like, cant find Bool Property, so the program can't find the map.

I suspect that installing the Oldschool process that came with the Legacy map pack borked something. The Oldschool stuff was already installed and working properly. However, I noticed no instructions on how to install the Legacy map pack in situations where you already have the Oldschool processes installed and working.

How can I fix this?

Freddy

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Legacy UMOD has an older Oldskool version attached to it. Just download again the latest version of Oldskool to fix everything.

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
Erosion,

Well, that was easy. I already had a copy of the Oldskool version that I had installed before I installed the Legacy version. I just reinstalled it from a backup CD I have. Presto, all my former map packs became available and playable. Nice!

I'm back in business. I like to play these map packs from time-to-time. There is much to learn from doing so. By the way, Legacy is worth a look, for those of you who haven't tried it yet. It has some unconventional approaches, if you like that sort of thing.

Thanks,

Freddy

Last edited: