News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Forum Archive > Mod Squad > Beta Testing/Pimpage

Old 29th Mar 2004, 01:31 AM   #1
H0B
King of the Jungle

Another new UT1 mutator

This is another small mutator for Unreal Tournament 1 called AlienMode.

AlienMode spawns pupaes and pupae eggs around the map that will infest the map in different areas if not killed. The pupaes start out small and grow to larger pupaes overtime that will then create eggs. It is possible to kill all of the pupaes and eggs on the map but is usually very hard as they tend to sneak past you and infest a new area. It also has two options for MaxAliens and MaxEggs.
The download is here: http://hob.hellsoap.com/AlienMode.zip
H0B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2004, 11:17 AM   #2
Darkness(AW)

It's nice to see that someone is still working on UT1. I've stopped the development of Apocalypse Weapons (my Mod) for a while, and I'm not sure if I'm going to continue someday, but I have it in mind, it's still a possibility.

Anyway, keep up the good job
Darkness(AW) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2004, 05:19 PM   #3
Stakhanov
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Interesting mod , a bit easy even at highest settings , but very challenging if used in conjunction with the UltraHard mutator. A few flaws though : the mini-pupae's collision cylinder/hitbox is so small they're impossible to hit even with explosives (only the shock combo effectively gets rid of them) , and the larger pupae have a hard time actually biting you (they lunge at you but can't inflict any damage unless you stand still)

The biting/lunging damage values should be increased imho. Also , I'd suggest introducing a new infestor class : the young skaarj warrior. Egg laying pupae don't fight well , they're only challenging on cramped maps where they can block and corner the player. Small pupae would grow up a bit , then evolve to young skaarj warriors if the max egg limit is reached or to egg laying pupae otherwise. It would add pressure to the game.
"I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature.....Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion?To make half the world fools and half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the world."
-Thomas Jefferson
Stakhanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2004, 07:54 AM   #4
DaBeowulf
UT-mods Geek

I only ever got the eggs appearing and nothing hatched from them even after 30 minutes. How's that?
DaBeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2004, 12:37 PM   #5
Stakhanov
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeowulf
I only ever got the eggs appearing and nothing hatched from them even after 30 minutes. How's that?
Oh yes , that's a mutator bug , though the eggs spout little goo balls they don't give birth to pupae. It only happens in non-DM game types (works fine on DM , team DM and LMS)
"I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature.....Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion?To make half the world fools and half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the world."
-Thomas Jefferson
Stakhanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2004, 08:45 AM   #6
DaBeowulf
UT-mods Geek

My bad. What a newbie mistake, I'm embarassed. lol
bNoMonsters was true.. That's what you get with reinstalls and a new UT.ini
Old 19th Mar 2006, 05:25 PM   #7
DaBeowulf
UT-mods Geek

Thumbs up

I adapted this for use with ThieveryUT today. (poor job as I have no UScript skills, but it seems to work)
I hope you're fine with this HOB.
Attached Files
File Type: rar AlienModeTUT.rar (50.0 KB, 19 views)